Khwansuree DEROLLEPOT  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:47
Member (2012)
English to Thai
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Maybe just focus on your and your family's needs? Oct 25, 2013

One weekend skiing with your freinds in the Alpes? One week on the beach with your children in August? Two weeks in Japan late March-early April for the cherry blossoms? As there is no apparent low season in the business, why don't focus on your desire and your family's availability? Just make sure you let your clients know before you leave. And make sure it is not excessive, I think a couple of weeks off each year is great.

I go back to my home country (Thailand) for 3-4 weeks ever
... See more
One weekend skiing with your freinds in the Alpes? One week on the beach with your children in August? Two weeks in Japan late March-early April for the cherry blossoms? As there is no apparent low season in the business, why don't focus on your desire and your family's availability? Just make sure you let your clients know before you leave. And make sure it is not excessive, I think a couple of weeks off each year is great.

I go back to my home country (Thailand) for 3-4 weeks every year in Winter because it is just too hot otherwise. Inkweaver is right we all need to recharge the batteries and have great times with our family.

I also take one or two days off when I feel tired, but that definitely cannot replace what I call "proper holidays" with my love ones.

[Edited at 2013-10-25 07:01 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Low Season?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »