How is the French-Portuguese translation market?
Thread poster: Juliano Martins
Juliano Martins
Juliano Martins  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:19
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 14, 2020

Hi everyone,

I am curious about the volume of French into Portuguese jobs. What do you have to say?

I realized a decrease in my workflow in this language pair.

Regards!

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:19
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Juliano Aug 14, 2020

I’ve been translating for over 35 years and during the first 10/15 years translation from English and from French was almost 50-50 (by then I lived in a francophone country), but for the last 20 years or so translation from French has been decreasing year after year. Nowadays, all my regular customers (those with whom I work every month) deal mostly with English. Fortunately, I have two customers who send me work every 3/6 months in French and one of these has long projects (over 30,000 words)... See more
I’ve been translating for over 35 years and during the first 10/15 years translation from English and from French was almost 50-50 (by then I lived in a francophone country), but for the last 20 years or so translation from French has been decreasing year after year. Nowadays, all my regular customers (those with whom I work every month) deal mostly with English. Fortunately, I have two customers who send me work every 3/6 months in French and one of these has long projects (over 30,000 words), “sinon je risque de tout oublier”…Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How is the French-Portuguese translation market?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »