Thread poster: Heike Reagan
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 22:38
English to German
+ ...
congratulations Oct 18, 2005

Heike Reagan wrote:

thank you all for your help and opinions.
I did deliver with some notes, the client seemed to be satisfied, at least I have not heard anything back as far as questions/adjustments/etc.

I was also offered another BIG project right after I delivered, which somehow makes me wonder about that agency ... I have had a similar experience (pertaining to the "more projects"-part) that ended in some issues.

Anyway, thank you all for your help

Heike
In translation field almost all projects are like this. I normally give a grace period for accepting all claims etc., as post-translational corrective/editorial measure. That helps most. It is certainly a good sign that your client has offered you yet another project immediately after finishing, now you may be having a regular client. Keep all good things going Best Brandis

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:38
French to English
Coming clean was the only option Nov 7, 2005

Although it's natural to feel uncomfortable about it. Sara explained the essential points simply and clearly. Professionalism will keep you in the business.

Quick piece of advice from past experience and 11 1/2 years in the business :

Make sure the client intends to pay you for the first job before starting work on the second big job. Professionalism is a two-way road !

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Overextented myself - now what

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »