Off topic: Health and Car Insurance!!!
Thread poster: Allenhan
Allenhan
Allenhan
English
Apr 10, 2006

I've been hospitalized for 7 months because of a car accident and because I don't have any insurance, I almost got my bank account closed. I paid a high bill from the hospital and bought expensive medicines. I'm afraid that if another accident happens my bank account will be totally closed.

I’m planning to get insurance before May. Any suggestions/inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Allen

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)
Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:58
Take a look at this thread: Apr 10, 2006

http://www.proz.com/topic/44711 for health insurance.
Good luck!

Germaine A Hoston
Germaine A Hoston  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:58
French to English
+ ...
Set up a separate company and you will be able to deduct 100% of your health insurance Jun 10, 2006

I'm sorry that I didn't see your post sooner. It might help you to know that if you are operating your business as a C-corporation or limited liability company (and pay yourself as an employee) of your company, have your company obtain your insurance coverage for you. You will be then able to deduct 100% of your premiums (which are likely to be sizeable after your recent hospitalization), rather than just the small (about 25%) that you can deduct if you are self-employed (say, as a sole propri... See more
I'm sorry that I didn't see your post sooner. It might help you to know that if you are operating your business as a C-corporation or limited liability company (and pay yourself as an employee) of your company, have your company obtain your insurance coverage for you. You will be then able to deduct 100% of your premiums (which are likely to be sizeable after your recent hospitalization), rather than just the small (about 25%) that you can deduct if you are self-employed (say, as a sole proprietor) and just a partner (and not an employee) of an S-Corporation or LLC.

There are many other benefits to organizing your translation business in this way--it seems to me it's well worth the small bit of paperwork involved to do this. (If you like, I can point you in the direction of some resources to make this easy and inexpensive for you if you contact me privately.)

Germaine A. Hoston
ghoston
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Health and Car Insurance!!!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »