Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch
Izabela Szczypka
Izabela Szczypka  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:40
English to Polish
+ ...
Can't understand the problem with checking things Jul 4, 2007

If anybody at the EU office dealing with outsourced translation services used their common sense, they would add the cost of two long-haul / international calls to a project budget, to ask the two theoretical team members one basic question: “Are you actually involved in the project work?” somewhere in the middle of project life.
Phone numbers are provided in the dossiers. Translators must know at least the source & target languages – no communication problem at all. With the huge tr
... See more
If anybody at the EU office dealing with outsourced translation services used their common sense, they would add the cost of two long-haul / international calls to a project budget, to ask the two theoretical team members one basic question: “Are you actually involved in the project work?” somewhere in the middle of project life.
Phone numbers are provided in the dossiers. Translators must know at least the source & target languages – no communication problem at all. With the huge translation budgets, the cost would be negligible.
And if an agency is found in breach of a formal tender requirement (notification of a change in team composition), it should be excluded from future tenders for 1/2/3 years. So simple.

BTW, I was also approached about EU tenders a few times, and sumbitted credentials twice. One of the two agencies that used my credentials in the tendering procedure (not successful as far as I'm concerned) was decent enough to pay my usual hourly rate for my effort in compiling the data required - a symbolic compensation, but still .. That makes 50% of them, so there's some hope.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Love me tender?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »