Help with translation of "BABY ON BOARD/BABY IN CAR" and "Road safety is no accident"
Thread poster: CCJK .com
CCJK .com
CCJK .com  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:45
Member (2003)
German to Chinese
+ ...
Jul 9, 2009

Dear Bengali translators,

I'm recently traped in the translation for "BABY ON BOARD/BABY IN CAR" and "Road safety is no accident". I translated it as the following:
BABY ON BOARD (meaning there is a baby in the car)
গাড়িতে শিশু আছে

Road safety is no accident
সড়ক নিরাপত্তা হচ্ছে কোনো দুর্ঘটনা নয়

It's some kind of Car Sticker attached to the back window o
... See more
Dear Bengali translators,

I'm recently traped in the translation for "BABY ON BOARD/BABY IN CAR" and "Road safety is no accident". I translated it as the following:
BABY ON BOARD (meaning there is a baby in the car)
গাড়িতে শিশু আছে

Road safety is no accident
সড়ক নিরাপত্তা হচ্ছে কোনো দুর্ঘটনা নয়

It's some kind of Car Sticker attached to the back window of a car, in order to warn the drivers behind the car to keep a certain distance to avoid a car crash. But the client said that they couldn't find similar Car Sticker translations as my translation. He would prefer some formal car sticker translations for this two phrases.

Do you guys have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your helps!
Collapse

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:45
English to Spanish
KudoZ Jul 9, 2009

Post your question under KudoZ, Ask Question.

CCJK .com
CCJK .com  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:45
Member (2003)
German to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 10, 2009

Luisa Ramos wrote:

Post your question under KudoZ, Ask Question.

Thanks a lot for your kind suggestion.
But Kudoz is blocked in China. I could not access the Kudoz page. I believe it started from last year.
However, I received a lot of emails with answers in four languages from Kudoz. I learned that a colleague of mine accidently opened the Kudoz page...but we can't access that now. I don't know how to award these answers...that's too bad. Could someone with moderating access possibly do that?

anuran_iitg
anuran_iitg
Local time: 20:15
English to Bengali
+ ...
about your translations Jul 14, 2009

Dear Alan,

The first one "Baby on Board" translation is okay. The second one is not visible to me .

I am a Bengali guy born and brought-up in Kolkata, India ... hence certified Bengali.. lol .. haha

Hafizul Islam
Hafizul Islam
Bangladesh
Local time: 20:45
English to Bengali
+ ...
Road safety is no accident Aug 24, 2011

Dear ,
Translation of the first one is ok but for the second one I think "নিরাপদ সড়ক দূর্ঘটনা এড়ায়" is more appropriate.
-------------- Hafizul Islam

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Help with translation of "BABY ON BOARD/BABY IN CAR" and "Road safety is no accident"

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »