Seeking translation assistance Bangladesh-Bengali (I think)
Thread poster: DirtySalamander
DirtySalamander
DirtySalamander
United States
Oct 15, 2014

Hello all,

I'm currently researching for an asylum case relating to a client from Bangladesh. I've come across a Youtube video which appears to be possibly beneficial for the case, but I cannot understand the language. I think that it is Bangladesh-Bengali, due to the source of the video, but it may not be. I may be looking to hire a translator to provide a transcript of the entire video (about 6 minutes long), depending on the content of the video. The link is below:

... See more
Hello all,

I'm currently researching for an asylum case relating to a client from Bangladesh. I've come across a Youtube video which appears to be possibly beneficial for the case, but I cannot understand the language. I think that it is Bangladesh-Bengali, due to the source of the video, but it may not be. I may be looking to hire a translator to provide a transcript of the entire video (about 6 minutes long), depending on the content of the video. The link is below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFqVmzDhOEA&list=UUcLecwX0WLq-DVeayHXuavw

Can anyone please provide a BRIEF summary of the general content of the video, e.g., who's giving the speech (group affiliation, name etc., if it is mentioned in the video or description) and what the speech is about. I'm not trying to mooch free translation, I just need enough basic information to know if there is even a reason to have the video transcribed into English. If the video is indeed relevant to the case, I'd be interested in hiring someone to provide an English transcript with certified translator's certificate.

Thank you,

Kevin
Collapse

NahidHasan
NahidHasan
Bangladesh
English to Bengali
+ ...
Islamic leader trying to warn the govt. of Bangladesh Nov 20, 2014

The title of the video says "It's not judgment(war crimes of 1971), its a joke ". However, the content is not what the title represents. This guy is an Islamic leader talking about the wrong steps being taken by the government which is against the teaching of Quran-Sunnah (Islamic rules) and they are trying to cover their failures by bringing the war crime issue in front. He is saying that, the govt. should learn something from the revolution in Egypt.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Seeking translation assistance Bangladesh-Bengali (I think)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »