Sumit Sarkar
Sumit Sarkar  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 05:43
English to Bengali
+ ...
Jun 20, 2016

Dear proz friends
What is your experience with 'potential' job postings? Does it most often really materialise into real jobs? Or is it simply a method of developing detabase?
Again some agencies ask for 'sample' translations. Is it really worth entertaining such requests?
My experience tells me not to entertain these practices. Is it not good time that proz community put some precondition on such practices such that service providers' interest is taken care of?
Pls shar
... See more
Dear proz friends
What is your experience with 'potential' job postings? Does it most often really materialise into real jobs? Or is it simply a method of developing detabase?
Again some agencies ask for 'sample' translations. Is it really worth entertaining such requests?
My experience tells me not to entertain these practices. Is it not good time that proz community put some precondition on such practices such that service providers' interest is taken care of?
Pls share your experience.
Thanking you
Sumit1970
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Our experience with 'potential jobs' and 'sample' test translations

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »