Evangelion (X)
Evangelion (X)
Mozambique
Local time: 18:19
Polish to English
+ ...
Sep 21, 2012

Hi!

I downloaded the OKAPI CheckMate version for Win 64-bit and wanted to play around with it a bit. The problem is at the very first moment - I unpacked the archive and wanted to start checkmate.exe. Nothing happens. No error message, no nothing. I looked through the helpfiles, but any "starting with" is from the moment you've actually started the software - which is not my case. Any ideas?

I also downloaded the full Rainbow package, which included an installer - afte
... See more
Hi!

I downloaded the OKAPI CheckMate version for Win 64-bit and wanted to play around with it a bit. The problem is at the very first moment - I unpacked the archive and wanted to start checkmate.exe. Nothing happens. No error message, no nothing. I looked through the helpfiles, but any "starting with" is from the moment you've actually started the software - which is not my case. Any ideas?

I also downloaded the full Rainbow package, which included an installer - after installing it seems to run fine, gives some Java-related errors (object is not set ...), but the software starts.
Collapse

YvesS
YvesS
Local time: 10:19
English to French
Starting CheckMate Sep 28, 2012

CheckMate is distributed along with Rainbow, so they should be in the same distribution.
Also the distributions are just ZIP files. there is no installer.
You just:
- upload the proper zip file (it should be okapi-apps_win32-x86_64_0.18.zip for the latest Windows 64-bit version)
- unzip the content somewhere
- double click on checkmate.exe

One requirement is Java 6 or above
You can see what version of Java you have by going to a DOS prompt and jus
... See more
CheckMate is distributed along with Rainbow, so they should be in the same distribution.
Also the distributions are just ZIP files. there is no installer.
You just:
- upload the proper zip file (it should be okapi-apps_win32-x86_64_0.18.zip for the latest Windows 64-bit version)
- unzip the content somewhere
- double click on checkmate.exe

One requirement is Java 6 or above
You can see what version of Java you have by going to a DOS prompt and just run java -version.

I hope this helps,
-yves
Collapse

Evangelion (X)
Evangelion (X)
Mozambique
Local time: 18:19
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No success Sep 30, 2012

Thanks YvesS, but I already got all of that covered before - updated Java, selected the right distribution. Still the result is - nothing at ALL happens.

I tried unzipping it to a completely different computer running a 32-b Windows 7 (changing the distribution ZIP to 32b) - still NOTHING happens???

elm0505
elm0505
Spain
Local time: 17:19
French to Spanish
+ ...
Same here Nov 24, 2013

Evangelion wrote:

Thanks YvesS, but I already got all of that covered before - updated Java, selected the right distribution. Still the result is - nothing at ALL happens.

I tried unzipping it to a completely different computer running a 32-b Windows 7 (changing the distribution ZIP to 32b) - still NOTHING happens???

Anyone has a solution?

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:19
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Run from comman line Nov 25, 2013

Run the program in order to see if there are any error messages.

daideqi
daideqi
United States
Korean to English
OKAPI CheckMate: starting the program -- same problem Feb 8, 2014

I'm having the same problem. Running Windows 7; downloaded okapi-apps_win32-x86_64_0.24. I tried running both checkmate.exe and ratel.exe from command window and nothing happened. No errors, no nothing. Has anybody solved this problem yet?

JUN SOO JEON

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:19
English to German
The program version needs to match your Java version (32-bit vs 64-bit) Dec 19, 2019

As per this issue in Okapi's issue tracker, you need a 64-bit Java installation to run the 64-bit version of the software. So if an Okapi program just silently returns when started, download either a different Java version or a different Okapi version.

[Bearbeitet am 2019-12-19 07:28 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

OKAPI CheckMate: starting the program

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »