How to convert XLF files in TTX format without Trados?
Thread poster: Karin Rijff- Molenaar
Karin Rijff- Molenaar
Karin Rijff- Molenaar
Netherlands
Local time: 20:20
Member (2014)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 29, 2015

Thanks for the tip, Philippe...

Here's my question in English.
I started translating a rather large project with the source files sent to me in both XLF format as in TTX format. Since I am currently working with Deja Vu (I have just started working with CAT Tools) I am translating/ working with the XLF files in my Deja Vu.
The client, however, expects the resulting translation to be deliverd in TTX, and I do not have trados.

How can I do this?

... See more
Thanks for the tip, Philippe...

Here's my question in English.
I started translating a rather large project with the source files sent to me in both XLF format as in TTX format. Since I am currently working with Deja Vu (I have just started working with CAT Tools) I am translating/ working with the XLF files in my Deja Vu.
The client, however, expects the resulting translation to be deliverd in TTX, and I do not have trados.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance!

Karin
Collapse

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 21:20
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
... Jun 29, 2015

ask the client to convert source into TTX
then, pretranslate it forcing 100-% matches using your CAT-tool

Karin Rijff- Molenaar
Karin Rijff- Molenaar
Netherlands
Member (2014)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Source is already in TTX Jun 29, 2015

Source is in TTX, problem is my CAT Tool can upload TTX, but cannot seem to open the files? I get blan files in Deja Vu project

Fiona Grace Peterson
Fiona Grace Peterson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Deja-Vu forum Jun 30, 2015

Have you tried searching the Deja-Vu forum here on Proz, or posting your query there? http://www.proz.com/forum/déjà_vu_support-85.html

Karin Rijff- Molenaar
Karin Rijff- Molenaar
Netherlands
Member (2014)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No I had not yet checked that, thank you! Jun 30, 2015

I didn't know the Deja Vu forum existed;-)

Thanks!

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 13:20
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
You will need to use TRADOS 2007 (demo) for segmenting the TTXs Jun 30, 2015

I process TTX files with DVX3 at least once per week. The only thing you need is the demo version or TRADOS 2007, which I have available and would gladly share with you.

This is my work flow:

-Use the Translator Work Bench (TWB) part of TRADOS 2007 for creating an empy TM.
-Go to Tools>Translate, add the files to process and, very IMPORTANT, check the "Segment unknown sentences" box.
-Click on the "Translate" button

This way you will get biling
... See more
I process TTX files with DVX3 at least once per week. The only thing you need is the demo version or TRADOS 2007, which I have available and would gladly share with you.

This is my work flow:

-Use the Translator Work Bench (TWB) part of TRADOS 2007 for creating an empy TM.
-Go to Tools>Translate, add the files to process and, very IMPORTANT, check the "Segment unknown sentences" box.
-Click on the "Translate" button

This way you will get bilingual and fully segmented TTX files, which are what DVX3 is expecting for.

When importing then into DVX3, don't forget to uncheck the "avoing segmentation" box in the "Properties" tab.

Saludos
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert XLF files in TTX format without Trados?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »