Simone Clark
Simone Clark  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:44
German to English
+ ...
Jul 8, 2015

Hello all,

I exported a bilingual file to Word to review it. When I try to import the reviewed file, I get an error message saying "Unable to merge segment 1". I tried changing segment 1 to see if that would help (I had added a comment to the segment before I exported the file and deleted the comment to see if it would solve the problem), but nothing I did makes a difference.

Any ideas?

Lisette Vogler-Chase
Lisette Vogler-Chase  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 10:44
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
fixing the 'cannot merge' error Jul 8, 2015

Hi Simone,

I ran into the same problem a while ago (working with Trados Studio 2014 and Word 2010). I searched the forums for this error and I believe in the end I had to change the file extension of the original Source document from .docx to .doc and then start a new project with that file.
If you have confirmed all segments of your original translation that new project should more or less just populate all segments by itself.
Then you should be able to export and imp
... See more
Hi Simone,

I ran into the same problem a while ago (working with Trados Studio 2014 and Word 2010). I searched the forums for this error and I believe in the end I had to change the file extension of the original Source document from .docx to .doc and then start a new project with that file.
If you have confirmed all segments of your original translation that new project should more or less just populate all segments by itself.
Then you should be able to export and import the review file without any problems.

I believe this is what I did...maybe search a little on the forums yourself before going ahead with my suggestion...

Liza
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't import reviewed file that I exported for review

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »