Dorothee Rault (Witt)
France
Local time: 11:36
Member (2007)
French to German
+ ...
Nov 25, 2019

Dear All,

I am working for a client on a Wordbee web platform and have the recurrent problem that my shortcuts (for example for non-breaking spaces (Alt + 0160) and italics) do not work.

Has anyone a similar experience or a solution for this issue? That would be more than great!

Dorothee

PS: Somebody told me that my French keyboard could be the problem (I am translating into German). Do you think that this can be possible? I am also working wi
... See more
Dear All,

I am working for a client on a Wordbee web platform and have the recurrent problem that my shortcuts (for example for non-breaking spaces (Alt + 0160) and italics) do not work.

Has anyone a similar experience or a solution for this issue? That would be more than great!

Dorothee

PS: Somebody told me that my French keyboard could be the problem (I am translating into German). Do you think that this can be possible? I am also working with other German programs and have no problem whatsoever.

[Bearbeitet am 2019-11-25 13:10 GMT]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Dorothee Nov 25, 2019

Dorothee Rault wrote:

1. It may be that ordinary non-breaking spaces don't work because you are entering text into Wordbee using a browser interface. Can you type working non-breaking into the ProZ.com reply form's "title" and "body" fields? Try it (when you reply). I just tried it, and I could not. Some characters simply can't be typed in ordinary text entry fields in a web browser. If you need to use non-breaking spaces, you should ask the client how to do it. It may be that you need to enter them as a special tag.

2. I rarely use Wordbee, so I can't remember, but: doesn't Wordbee use tags for formatting? This means that you can't select text and make it "italic" by just pressing the shortcut that works in most other tools (e.g. Ctrl+I), but you have to add "italics" tags to your text. And I'm not sure if you can add tags in Wordbee if the tags are not already present in the source text.

Dorothee Rault (Witt)
Dorothee Rault (Witt)
France
Member (2007)
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Samuel Nov 25, 2019

Thank you for your reply!

1. I have just tried to add the non-breaking space, too. A space was added but I doubt that it was a non-breaking space. So you should be right. Thank you for this explanation! I will try again to see this with the client.

2. That is an interesting explanation! I will see this with the client, too!

Thank you so much already for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working with Wordbee - shortcuts do not work

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »