How do you automatically get a capital at beginning of a sentence in Deja Vu?
Thread poster: Lisa Lin
Lisa Lin
Lisa Lin  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 02:13
Member (2016)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dec 22, 2016

I don't know where to find this setting. Every time I type a new sentence, I need to press shift to get the first capital letter. Would you help me? I do appreciate it.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:13
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Which version? Dec 22, 2016

Which version of DVX do you have?

Michael

Lisa Lin
China
Member (2016)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DVX 3 Dec 22, 2016

Hi Michael,

I'm using DVX 3. Thanks!

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
Local time: 20:13
English to Polish
+ ...
A bit surprised here Dec 22, 2016

I didn't know that there might exist such a feature. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems quite natural to start a sentence with a capital letter by using a SHIFT + a letter. Is it possible to do it automatically? Perhaps yes, but I believe 99% of us use shift, don't they?

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 21:13
English to Turkish
+ ...
AutoCorret? Dec 22, 2016

Hi Lotusgrass,

Capitalize first letter of sentences is an option in Word. You can import Word's AutoCorrect list into DVX but you cannot import those rules, e.g. Correct TWo INitial CApitals, Capitalize first letter of sentences.

A segment is not always a sentence in CAT tools. It can be a single word, a number and depending on the segmentation rules it can end with a semicolon (;) and start in a small case.

Other CAT tools may support your request (possibl
... See more
Hi Lotusgrass,

Capitalize first letter of sentences is an option in Word. You can import Word's AutoCorrect list into DVX but you cannot import those rules, e.g. Correct TWo INitial CApitals, Capitalize first letter of sentences.

A segment is not always a sentence in CAT tools. It can be a single word, a number and depending on the segmentation rules it can end with a semicolon (;) and start in a small case.

Other CAT tools may support your request (possibly as an option hidden in the settings), but DVX3 does not support it. You can request that feature from Atril.
Collapse

Lisa Lin
China
Member (2016)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Then there's no such setting? Dec 23, 2016

Hi Akyuz ,

I see. Thanks! But Trados has this feature.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 21:13
English to Turkish
+ ...
it is not available in DVX3 Dec 23, 2016

It is under Options>Editor>AutoCorrect in Studio. But I don't find it useful because we translate segments not sentences. That said, optional features are good. You can ask this feature to be implemented at https://atrilsolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Lisa Lin
China
Member (2016)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Get it, thanks! Dec 23, 2016

Hi Akyuz,

Thank you so much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do you automatically get a capital at beginning of a sentence in Deja Vu?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »