another one annoying thing of DVX3
Thread poster: mikhailo
mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 08:11
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 30, 2018

1. There is a project with a lot of folders with dccx and complex xls(not xlsx - may be this is important - I haven't check)
2. Because a regenerating of xls preview takes TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH TIME (1,5-2 minutes on i7-6700K with 32 GB RAM) it is switched OFF.
3. I needed to check something with xls only. I built SQL filter.
4. I've switched to whole project view, then chose my SQL filter and ............... I'm AWAITING about 2 minute because DVX3 switched PREVIEW ON
... See more
1. There is a project with a lot of folders with dccx and complex xls(not xlsx - may be this is important - I haven't check)
2. Because a regenerating of xls preview takes TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH TIME (1,5-2 minutes on i7-6700K with 32 GB RAM) it is switched OFF.
3. I needed to check something with xls only. I built SQL filter.
4. I've switched to whole project view, then chose my SQL filter and ............... I'm AWAITING about 2 minute because DVX3 switched PREVIEW ON AGAIN AND REGENERATED.

And sometimes i need to do this up to 10 times........ and wait 15-20 minutes.
IF PREVIEW window slows system down so much (it's impossible to do anything in DVX3 when PREVIEW is generating) - may be it's worth to make them OFF by default.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

another one annoying thing of DVX3

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »