Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:48
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Aug 30, 2018

Dear X3 users,

unfortunately, since a month or so, I too often cannot import Word files into DV X3.
I usually import sdlxliff or mqxliff files, that´s why I can overlook this problem a while, but there must be something seriously wrong with X3.
This is accompanied by a Word error message showing up when starting my PC, asking for a password:

DVXWordTools

Of course I have no password and I have to terminate the message via the task manager, before I can resume.
I haven´t changed anything in the installation, neither filters nor do I apply SQL, so nothing unusual at all. I´m a quite normal, but extensive user.

Do I have to install DV X3 again, is there any repair function available or has the problem to be found in Windows 10 Home (Version 1803, Build 17134.228)?

Many thanks for any suggestions!

[Bearbeitet am 2018-08-30 07:21 GMT]

mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 21:48
English to Russian
+ ...
suggestions Aug 30, 2018

Matthias Brombach wrote:
Many thanks for any suggestions!

Who can give any suggestions without an example of problem files?
May be MS once again changed something in Office365/2019?
Try to open/convert Docx-RTF-Docx/save file in MSOffice 2007-10-13/OpenOffice.

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Perhaps Word itself Aug 31, 2018

... perhaps Word 2016 itself is in any way corrupted, because it starts automatically with the PC and tries to open the last document(s) before the PC was shut down.
Sometimes I am able to import Word files, sometimes it is not possible. MS taskmanager then shows that an instance of Word is running in the background, even when I have closed MS Word in a normal way. After shutting down the running hidden Word instance with help of the task manager, I am sometimes able to import the
... See more
... perhaps Word 2016 itself is in any way corrupted, because it starts automatically with the PC and tries to open the last document(s) before the PC was shut down.
Sometimes I am able to import Word files, sometimes it is not possible. MS taskmanager then shows that an instance of Word is running in the background, even when I have closed MS Word in a normal way. After shutting down the running hidden Word instance with help of the task manager, I am sometimes able to import the Word file in question, preferably with the MS Office Live-filter in DV X3. Therefore I do not think that all the Word files themselves I tried to import so far (and sometimes succesfully, as described before) are corrupted.
Collapse

Ana Cuesta
Ana Cuesta  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
Same problem here Aug 31, 2018

I have the same problem, only I am using DV X2, Windows 10 Pro and Office 2016. I suspect the problem started after last Office update, but haven't found a way to revert it (I am somehow hoping next update puts things back in place). DV does import files previously converted to OpenOffice, but of course the final export may lack some functionality. No problem with Excel or PP files, just Word ones...

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Perhaps solved ... Sep 10, 2018

... simply by de- and reinstalling MS Word and DV X3. So far no new crashes or odd behaviour with MS Word files.
By the way: I was in swift contact with the support of DV, so no reason for rumors that Atril is "dead".

Ana Cuesta
Ana Cuesta  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
Last update seems to have solved the issue Sep 14, 2018

Just reporting everything is back in order after last night's update... so I guess all is well...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

X3 in Windows 10: Import of Word files no longer possible

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »