Thread poster: DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 10, 2016

Dear colleagues,

There's a 500+ pages accompanying handwriting scanned as PDF with huge gaps between some paragraphs and chapters: for instance, often there're less than ten (10) sentences at a page, which seems a little wasting.

I would like to become familiar with a HARDCOPY of the document, so I could amend and re-structure it as needed, that's why I exported it as PNG images, but after processing some 20 pages (which turned to six full pages) it became really anno
... See more
Dear colleagues,

There's a 500+ pages accompanying handwriting scanned as PDF with huge gaps between some paragraphs and chapters: for instance, often there're less than ten (10) sentences at a page, which seems a little wasting.

I would like to become familiar with a HARDCOPY of the document, so I could amend and re-structure it as needed, that's why I exported it as PNG images, but after processing some 20 pages (which turned to six full pages) it became really annoying to consecutively cut-paste-move almost ad infinitum; rather exhaustive.

Is there's a better way you may know?
Shortly, I would like to delete excessive white spaces and have a printer-friendly version, no original pagination required.

TY
Collapse

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
uber-technical or not? Mar 13, 2016

I don't think I'm the first and the only to encounter such a task, so:
Are there any markers/delimiters to ignore page-breaks for a printer-job/layout?
As far as OCR is not an option, then, perhaps, a virtual printer could do for non-text streaming.

Now 97 pages processed via routine 'copy-paste-move,' feel a bit dizzy; and some 420 pages to go.
God bless you too)

TY

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Re-format PDF exported as images

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »