Greek letter soup?
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:12
Dec 20, 2015

Our kids are asking: does Greek letter soup / Greek letter vermicelli exist?

Had a Google, cannot find it ...

Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi
Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 16:12
English to Greek
+ ...
Hello from Athens Dec 20, 2015

Your question made me wonder as I don't remember ever seeing any. Of course I don't have children, but I do go to the supermarket.

So, I googled it just like you but in Greek and, lo and behold, there is a Greek company that does produce them, see here http://www.alithino.gr/productDetails.php?productid=135.

Of course, it's all in Greek, but they are a bi
... See more
Your question made me wonder as I don't remember ever seeing any. Of course I don't have children, but I do go to the supermarket.

So, I googled it just like you but in Greek and, lo and behold, there is a Greek company that does produce them, see here http://www.alithino.gr/productDetails.php?productid=135.

Of course, it's all in Greek, but they are a biological product with spinach and tomatoes. It tried to find the page in English, but was unsuccessful. However, their contact details in English are here http://alithino.eu/articles.php?artid=90&refid=4 and you could contact them for further information.

Have a Wonderful Xmas and a very Happy New Year!
Collapse

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much! Dec 21, 2015

Hello Nadia-Anastasia,

Thank you so much for your kind reply!

I'll try to get a package of these letters to surprise the kids .

Very nice holidays for you and your family!

Hans

Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi
Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 16:12
English to Greek
+ ...
Dear Hans, Dec 21, 2015

Thank you for your reply and kind wishes.

Seems like a very nice idea, however, how did this question crop up from your kids? Any relation to Greece (just curious ).

Take care and enjoy a wonder Holiday Season!

Best,
Nadia

Magda P.
Magda P.  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Greek
+ ...
Thank you both Dec 21, 2015

Hi,

I had no idea such pasta existed so I really need to thank both of you. I might buy them for my kid too. As a Greek living abroad, this would definitely be a great and fun idea to learn the Greek alphabet.

Happy holidays!

Καλές γιορτές, Νάντια.

Magda

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Greek letter soup?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »