Thread poster: Teresa Mozo
Teresa Mozo
Teresa Mozo  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:31
German to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 21, 2017

Dear colleagues,
One of my best clients has recently started to use Projetex. Now, they complain that the emails they send me from this system get rejected by my firewall/antivirus, and some server smtp.office365.com has something to do with it (on my side, on theirs?). I admit my total ignorance and have no idea how to solve this problem. Their address is already in my contacts and I have no problems to receive “normal” emails from them, or any mails whatsoever.

Any idea
... See more
Dear colleagues,
One of my best clients has recently started to use Projetex. Now, they complain that the emails they send me from this system get rejected by my firewall/antivirus, and some server smtp.office365.com has something to do with it (on my side, on theirs?). I admit my total ignorance and have no idea how to solve this problem. Their address is already in my contacts and I have no problems to receive “normal” emails from them, or any mails whatsoever.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Teresa
Collapse

Daniel Frisano
Daniel Frisano  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Question Dec 21, 2017

Hi Teresa, how do you open your emails? From a web page or an application (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.)?

Teresa Mozo
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Windows Live Mail Dec 21, 2017

Hi Daniel, I'm using Windows Live Mail.

Daniel Frisano
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Ports Dec 21, 2017

Sometimes this kind of issue is solved by changing the SMTP port, as detailed in http://www.forgedynamic.co.uk/helpdesk/knowledgebase.php?article=54 .

Usually this doesn't affect your normal flow.

Before making any change, can you check which port your SMTP server is currently set to?

Teresa Mozo
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ports Dec 21, 2017

As I see, the stmp server ist for sending. In my case:

Send (SMTP): 465

Receive (POP3): 995

If I change the STMP port, how can this affects what I receive?

Daniel Frisano
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Beats me Dec 21, 2017

I had a similar issue once, I wondered the same thing (since SMTP is the outgoing server, how can this affects what I receive?), and yet it worked.

Teresa Mozo
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 21, 2017

I can try.

Thanks a lot!

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
English to German
Precise facts needed Dec 21, 2017

Teresa Mozo wrote:

has something to do with it

Sorry, this is no clear statement. Before wasting time, the client should provide you with the complete original rejection message. Otherwise it's groping about in the dark.

Anyway, the normal functionality of e-mails is:
PCs don't reject e-mails. If a client claims that he or she gets a "mail rejected" message, then these mails are rejected by the remote e-mail box, that is located at and operated by your provider (Microsoft). Actually, such mails never reach your pc, so your pc can't reject them. If you are able to send & receive mails via your e-mail box, there should be no need to fiddle with ports etc at your PC.

Maybe Projetex is configured to use the "so-called "direct sending" feature of the proprietary Office365 mailbox. One of those modern features that IMO should not be used unnecessarily except if one likes troubleshooting.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Emails from Projetex rejected

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »