Will we get paid if there are non-working days during interpretation period?
Thread poster: Nathasitha Wongchanta
Nathasitha Wongchanta
Nathasitha Wongchanta  Identity Verified
Thailand
Thai to English
+ ...
Oct 5, 2017

Refer to my question, Will we get paid if there are non-working days during interpretation period?

I have been contacted for working from (1)24-25 November (2) 29-30 Nov. Is it possible if I ask for accommodation, meals and partial of interpretation rate?

Thx

Luisa Portocarrero
Luisa Portocarrero  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 14:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
depends on your client's budget Oct 25, 2017

Hello,

If I live in the same town as the interpretation then I only charge from Monday to Friday.

I have an assignment abroad for 1 month. There will be Saturdays and Sundays and the client is only paying for lodging and meals on weekends and my daily rate is based only on 20 business days in that month.
They have been my customers for many years so I am happy not to charge on the weekends.

Regards,

L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Will we get paid if there are non-working days during interpretation period?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »