Thread poster: neilmac
neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 05:57
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 9, 2018

Help! An intrusive spellchecker has appeared on my kudoz answer box... it appears to be from Grammarly and I find it really irritating. I prefer to do my own spellchecking. Does anyone know how to remove or disable this? I suspect it may not be a proz add-on but something a friend may have downloaded last week while I was away.

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
English to German
In memoriam
Which browser? Jun 9, 2018

This is probably an add-on in your browser, therefore it depends on your browser how to remove it.

I hope you have a separate computer for your professional work, or do you allow friends to use the computer where you store client content?

EvaVer (X)
EvaVer (X)  Identity Verified
Czech to French
+ ...
Yes, it's your computer Jun 10, 2018

I have the same problem, and the language the spellcheck is in is Czech, this is how I know it's my computer. (it just changed "problem" to "problém" again, I hate it).

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved ! Jun 10, 2018

Turns out it was installed in Chrome. I must have added it to check it out before I went away at the end of April. My friend/colleague had mentioned how she found Grammarly very useful when writing in English, so I added it to the browser so that I could check it out.
However, I don’t need this kind of tool myself, as I use a stand-alone editing tool and prefer to correct my own typos.
Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trusted users Jun 10, 2018

Kay-Viktor Stegemann wrote:

I hope you have a separate computer for your professional work, or do you allow friends to use the computer where you store client content?

I actually have 3 desktop PCs for my work, and one laptop for when I’m away from my home office. I’ve been using the laptop for the past month or so, and only came back yesterday and started using my main PC again. I usually do let competent trusted friends/colleagues use my 2 backup PCs, but my main PC is for my own personal use.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unwanted spellchecker in kudoz

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »