Sanja Gjurova
Sanja Gjurova
Australia
Local time: 08:48
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Feb 20, 2016

Dear All,

I hope someone can help with this delicate matter.

I have a client for whom I am about to do a translation of a birth certificate.

However, there seems to be a problem with the given name.

When the client came to Australia, around 30 years ago, the name was transliterated incorrectly (whatever the reason

for that), and all of his documents, like driver licence, Australian citizenship certificate are in that name.
... See more
Dear All,

I hope someone can help with this delicate matter.

I have a client for whom I am about to do a translation of a birth certificate.

However, there seems to be a problem with the given name.

When the client came to Australia, around 30 years ago, the name was transliterated incorrectly (whatever the reason

for that), and all of his documents, like driver licence, Australian citizenship certificate are in that name.

It is a one letter difference, but it is a different name nevertheless.

Now, he wants to translate the Macedonian birth certificate for the purpose of obtaining a new Australian passport.

The problem is, if I do a correct transliteration of the name he won't be able to get a passport.

Please, if you have any suggestions as to how to solve this I will be more than happy to hear them.

THANK YOU ALL!

Regards

Sanja

p.s. Се извинувам колеги што не е на македонски постот, меѓутоа бидејќи го постирав на австралиски форум, сакав да заштедам време и да не се преведувам
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Milena Chkripeska[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Проблем со име во извод на родени

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »