Thread poster: Samid Vahidov
Samid Vahidov
Samid Vahidov
Azerbaijan
Local time: 19:35
English to Azerbaijani
+ ...
Jan 29, 2018

I have been working as freelancer for more than 5 years. But I don't know any marketing tips to promote my services. How can I get direct clients or clients abroad.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:35
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
First things first Jan 29, 2018

samir_1989 wrote:
I have been working as freelancer for more than 5 years. But I don't know any marketing tips to promote my services. How can I get direct clients or clients abroad

To short-cut the process, perhaps you could share some of the ways you've been marketing your services, what type of clients you target, and where they are. I imagine you've been marketing yourself fairly successfully or you wouldn't still be in business after five years.

Maria da Glória Teixeira

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:35
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Other translators Jan 29, 2018

samir_1989 wrote:

I have been working as freelancer for more than 5 years. But I don't know any marketing tips to promote my services. How can I get direct clients or clients abroad.

Do you know any Azerbaijani to English or Azerbaijani to Russian translators, or can you find them? If they are employed by direct clients they may be able to introduce you to people in their organization that need the other direction. At least that's worked for me.

Joohee Kim
Joohee Kim  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 00:35
Member (2017)
English to Korean
+ ...
WWA and About me Jan 30, 2018

I guess you already know about WWA and about me of Proz, but I found that you haven't collected any WWA. How about asking clients to give translation feedback? It can be your marketing resource, like professional references. Also, it would be better to add some information to the "About me" section of your Proz profile in order to promote yourself.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need a marketing advice

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »