MemoQ scrolling
Thread poster: septima
septima
septima
Local time: 00:17
Dec 3, 2012

Hi, I'm trying out MemoQ. How do I enable smooth scrolling of the translation grid (i.e. running up and down through the segments smoothly with the scroll bar on the side)? This is something I'm used to, and like, from Studio.

Thanks in advance,

s

TheAlphaSens (X)
TheAlphaSens (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:17
English to French
Scrolling not tweakable Dec 4, 2012

There's nothing you can do unfortunately, the scrolling can't be tweaked.
(I sent a help ticket on this very subject a while ago).

I must admit this is something I don't like in MQ editor's interface (compare to DVX2 or Studio).

Note that you can hold SHIFT+WHEEL to scroll faster with the mouse though.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 02:17
English to Turkish
+ ...
They need support from Atril Dec 4, 2012

Is this a joke? Yes, of course. If both programs are written by the same programming language then Atril / Deja Vu X) programmers can help. Otherwise Kilgray should do it alone. It may be seen as an easy, trivial thing but it seems that it is not so easy for programmers. They can fix it but then some other features will not work. AFAIR this is a problem in MultiTerm, too.

septima
septima
TOPIC STARTER
Surprising Dec 4, 2012

Thanks for the info, guys.

Hmm, shame. I realize there must be a good reason why it's not there, but equally I wouldn't say this was a rocket science feature for the user to desire. Hopefully they'll implement it soon in this otherwise nice little prog.

TheAlphaSens (X)
TheAlphaSens (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:17
English to French
DVX2 = .net? Dec 4, 2012

DVX2 is coded in .net as well? Are you sure?
It might seem "trivial" but I doubt it's an easy fix...

Patrick Mayr
Patrick Mayr
Austria
German to English
+ ...
No Scrolling At ALL! Oct 29, 2018

I cannot scroll in any way in memoQ... Is this normal? I can only grab the scroll bar and pull down or up but I only see where I will land when I let go - while I pull the scroll bar up or down the screen does not change in any way.

My touchpad scrolling does nothing at all.

In a large document this is unacceptable, I cannot find anything in large documents because I just land anywhere when I let go (say at approximately 70% of the scrollbar). And in large documents it
... See more
I cannot scroll in any way in memoQ... Is this normal? I can only grab the scroll bar and pull down or up but I only see where I will land when I let go - while I pull the scroll bar up or down the screen does not change in any way.

My touchpad scrolling does nothing at all.

In a large document this is unacceptable, I cannot find anything in large documents because I just land anywhere when I let go (say at approximately 70% of the scrollbar). And in large documents it isn't viable to go segment by segment (or clicking the up or down arrow of the scroll bar click by click) because it would take forever.

How can I make my touchpad scrolling work in MemoQ? (HP Spectre x360, Synaptics touchpad)

How can I make MemoQ show me where I am before I let go of the scrollbar, i. e. move the editor window up and down while I scroll?

(MemoQ v8.5.8)

Thanks for any tipps or hints as to why this is not working on my machine...
Collapse

Dominic D.
Dominic D.
Serbian to Russian
+ ...
Fine here Nov 2, 2018

All I can say is touchpad scroll works in MemoQ on my Surface Pro 2017 (one of the few things that actually work on this bug-ridden POS from Microsoft, I guess). Try to tweak your touchpad settings/reinstall/change the driver maybe?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ scrolling

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »