Diego Raigorodsky
Diego Raigorodsky  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:26
Hebrew to Portuguese
+ ...
Dec 14, 2016

Hello, everyone!

I am writing to you here hoping you can help me with a problem that Kilgray staff was able to help.

My MemoQ is extremely slow to do anything (open a project, load a file, move to the next segment, retrieve data from the TM etc).

My PC is fast and all other softwares work very well (including heavy programs), but MemoQ simply doesn’t. The worst of all is it used to be normal, and it suddenly changed.

Kilgray suggestion, after
... See more
Hello, everyone!

I am writing to you here hoping you can help me with a problem that Kilgray staff was able to help.

My MemoQ is extremely slow to do anything (open a project, load a file, move to the next segment, retrieve data from the TM etc).

My PC is fast and all other softwares work very well (including heavy programs), but MemoQ simply doesn’t. The worst of all is it used to be normal, and it suddenly changed.

Kilgray suggestion, after much work, was to reinstall Windows, which I think makes no sense at all. It is more or less like having a problem with your microwave and someone suggesting changing the entire electrical system of your house.

One thing I considered doing is splitting the TM, to see if this is causing the lag, but I don’t know if this is it and it is also a strange way of solving the problem (more or less like reinstalling Windows).

Any help is appreciated.

THANKS!

[Edited at 2016-12-14 02:28 GMT]
Collapse

Hajnalka Kis

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
Local time: 16:26
English to German
x64 version, SSD Dec 14, 2016

For some reason, it helps me to select "MemoQ 2015 (x64)" on the Start menu instead of the entry "MemoQ 2015" that is also present, but I guess you have already tried that.

The other thing I do is place the MemoQ project on an SSD instead of an HDD, which also makes a big difference.

Still, I find MemoQ to be quite the resource guzzler.

Diego Raigorodsky
Diego Raigorodsky  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:26
Hebrew to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 15, 2016

Hello, Ricki!

Thanks for the tips. I use both of them, and, indeed, they help a lot. I wonder how it would be without the x64 version and the SSD disk.

I’m starting to think that you’re right... tell me about guzzler.

BEST

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:26
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Discussed before Dec 15, 2016

I'm not sure if it will help but here's what helped for me: http://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/304745-memoq_a_rant.html#2574134

Gabriel Catalan
Gabriel Catalan  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
dirt Dec 27, 2016

I work with a laptop and had speed issues in the past.
I solved issues cleaning laptop cooling system.
I don't know if this could help you but could be good make a try.

Péter Tófalvi
Péter Tófalvi  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Yet another solution Apr 20, 2017

Repair (re-index) your TM.

Hajnalka Kis
Hajnalka Kis  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
German to Hungarian
+ ...
my memoq just slowed down with offline TM Aug 25, 2019

I have the same problem since....today. Windows 10, very fast laptop, everything working fine, but in an online project (with offline TM) every move is just an eternity.
I tried repair the TM (I guess, this will be a reindex) and restart the PC several times, in case, Word would make a problem, but still....no help.

Any ideas?

Yuvasy Ascanio

Mattia Marcon
Mattia Marcon  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
same and more troubles here Sep 2, 2019

I built a PC with top quality hardware, installed Windows 10 yesterday, tried using MemoQ 8.5, 8.6, 8.7 and 9.0 today, it feels like working on a Pentium 2. Moreover, it seems I can't manage to install the three 8.x together, every time I install one I cannot find the others in the start menu, but I had them all together on windows 7. And I can't find the x64 version in the menu.

Patrik Dulik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ extremely slow

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »