In MemoQ 2015, how do I get back my project in MemoQ and get access to it again?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 04:47
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 18, 2017

I just completed a big project in MemoQ 2015 with online TM and submitted it to the customer. Then I accidentially deleted the project inside MemoQ, and can't find it now.

When I deleted it inside MemoQ, it seems to have been deleted also from the folder I chose for it when checking out the project.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Simple - A new checkout Sep 18, 2017

You can simply do a new checkout. You can still do it unless the customer has de-assigned the project from you. If you are still assigned to it, check-out is still possible.

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Already tried that Sep 18, 2017

I tried that already Tomás, but this project doesn't show up any longer in the list, only a test translation I did earlier. I double-checked, and it's the same server as last time.

Anthony Green
Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
almost impossible Sep 18, 2017

Fredrik what you are saying is highly unlikely. Are you a novice user?

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What is impossible? Sep 18, 2017

I'm not following you Anthony. What happens is that the project is not there any longer. I deleted it by accident from within MemoQ. Then I try to check it out again, and it's not there any longer. It's not impossible, it's a fact.

[Edited at 2017-09-18 08:57 GMT]

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 05:47
German to English
+ ...
Dear Fredrik, Sep 18, 2017

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

I just completed a big project in MemoQ 2015 with online TM and submitted it to the customer. Then I accidentially deleted the project inside MemoQ, and can't find it now.

When I deleted it inside MemoQ, it seems to have been deleted also from the folder I chose for it when checking out the project.

after project delivery to the client, no further actions with the project on client's server are possible for you including check-out. Maybe you should try http://kilgray.com/memoq/current/help-en/?

[Edited at 2017-09-18 11:20 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-09-18 11:22 GMT]

Niina Lahokoski
Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:47
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Ask client to reassign Sep 18, 2017

It's possible that the client has already de-assigned the project, so you would need to ask the to re-assign the project to you.

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, already re-assigned Sep 18, 2017

I thought that because immediately after I had accidentially deleted the project, it was because of that I couldn't access it (I had some other error message before I tried checking it out again). I had two versions of the project named exactly the same. But it turned out the customer immediately assigned the project to the reviewer, so that's why I didn't have access any more.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In MemoQ 2015, how do I get back my project in MemoQ and get access to it again?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »