Making memoQ work with AngularJS
Thread poster: Choicetrans
Choicetrans
Choicetrans
United States
Local time: 11:53
Member (2007)
Oct 19, 2017

We have a client whose website is in AngularJS (not sure yet about the version). Has anyone worked with file exports from Angular and knows anything about how this would work with memoQ? Is it possible to get an export that is supported by memoQ?

Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 23:53
English to Chinese
+ ...
Let me try Oct 20, 2017

Choicetrans wrote:

We have a client whose website is in AngularJS (not sure yet about the version). Has anyone worked with file exports from Angular and knows anything about how this would work with memoQ? Is it possible to get an export that is supported by memoQ?

Let me try to explain:

AngularJS is another jquery type client side javascript solution to handle mostly GUI and interact with the server. A well structured AngularJS project may use either standard JSON or XML to hold GUI strings for translation and a lazy programmer (like me) for small projects may doesn't bother and just mix up strings with codes.

Depending on what type of files you will receive for translation, memoQ may or may not support them. memoQ can handle JSON and XML, but won't probably handle AngularJS code+strings mixture.

Good luck!

[Edited at 2017-10-20 02:24 GMT]

Choicetrans
Choicetrans
United States
Local time: 11:53
Member (2007)
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 20, 2017

Thank you so much. That helps!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making memoQ work with AngularJS

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »