Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
In MemoQ 8.4, how do I move on row by row in the view Resolve errors and warnings of QA of files?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 23:23
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 16, 2018

In MemoQ 8.4, how do I move on row by row in the view Resolve errors and warnings of QA of files?

I have this long list of errors and false errors before me now where some rows have a checkmark already in the column Ignore.

First, I think I should order all items by clicking on the heading Description to get similar errors grouped together. But after that, how do I proceed to check row by row? There are a lot of false warnings with the Ignore checkbox already marked whi
... See more

I have this long list of errors and false errors before me now where some rows have a checkmark already in the column Ignore.

First, I think I should order all items by clicking on the heading Description to get similar errors grouped together. But after that, how do I proceed to check row by row? There are a lot of false warnings with the Ignore checkbox already marked which I want to ignore. And there are perhaps 50 % I need to check before comitting changes to the TM.
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:23
Danish to English
+ ...
Hide ignored Oct 16, 2018

In version 8, Hide Ignored Items has been moved up into the ribbon:

qa

It will be easier to get an overview when ignored items are hidden.

As you solve the items, they will begin to fill up the view. What I do is to refresh data to get rid of them, as MemoQ keeps scrolling to the top of the list of solved items every time you solve one (I have already suggested to them more than once that they stop scrolling, but nothing has come out of it so far).

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MemoQ hangs for minutes when I ignore a row, why? Oct 16, 2018

I was instructed by the PM to not hide ignored items, so I think I keep them displayed. Or is that perhaps only relevant when exporting the QA, to not hide issues and warnings?

However, there is another big problem now: The changes I make goes quite well to just Ctrl+Enter to confirm into the memory. But each time I try to choose Ignore in the top ribbon (can't find any shortcut for this command), MemoQ hangs for minutes almost and the row doesn't get ignored! Why?

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Server problem? Oct 16, 2018

I haven't experienced the slow response times you describe in QA, although I'm having response time problems while translating a server project right now. I haven't used this server before. I usually don't have such problems.

If the server or network connection is slow, it will slow everything down, of course. This could possibly cause a request to time out. I would contact support in such a case.

One thing you could try is to set your working and master TM to a local o
... See more
I haven't experienced the slow response times you describe in QA, although I'm having response time problems while translating a server project right now. I haven't used this server before. I usually don't have such problems.

If the server or network connection is slow, it will slow everything down, of course. This could possibly cause a request to time out. I would contact support in such a case.

One thing you could try is to set your working and master TM to a local one while you work and then set them back to what they were before you update the client's TMs in the end. I also usually set synchronisation behaviour to manual. Even if you forget to synchronise before delivering, MemoQ will do it automatically.

Does the client want you to do anything with the ignored items? If not, you can hide them while going through the other items and then unhide them in the end. I don't know if the setting has any influence on the exported report. Try.
Collapse

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Huge project and not too fast connection Oct 16, 2018

Thanks, I will try what you suggest. I already had manual synchronization set.

I'm not clear on what you mean with setting my working and master TM to a local one. Could you explain?

For the ignored items the customer doesn't want me to do anything with them, so I could hide them while going through the list.

But even after I've done that, when I click in the checkbox to ignore a row it takes a long long time to move on to next row.
The project is hug
... See more
Thanks, I will try what you suggest. I already had manual synchronization set.

I'm not clear on what you mean with setting my working and master TM to a local one. Could you explain?

For the ignored items the customer doesn't want me to do anything with them, so I could hide them while going through the list.

But even after I've done that, when I click in the checkbox to ignore a row it takes a long long time to move on to next row.
The project is huge and the connection not too fast.
Collapse

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
When finished with ignoring and committing changes, how do I save the QA? Oct 16, 2018

When finished with ignoring and committing changes, how do I save the QA? So that I, in the end when having gone through everything, don't loose my changes so far? I know the last step is to export a QA report and e-mail, but between that and finishing the row by row checks, which is the action to take?

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Local TM Oct 16, 2018

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

tm

Choose a local TM (on your own computer) as Working and Master (right-click) while you work is what I mean. You can always set them back in the end. This will reduce network traffic.

Working on a large project doesn't help.

How slow is your connection?

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Save the QA? Oct 16, 2018

When finished with ignoring and committing changes, how do I save the QA? So that I, in the end when having gone through everything, don't loose my changes so far? I know the last step is to export a QA report and e-mail, but between that and finishing the row by row checks, which is the action to take?

If you don't mean the QA report, there is no QA to save. Any changes to the segments you make are saved when you confirm each segment in the QA view, just as when you are translating.

If you want to be sure everything is written to the Master TM, you can go to Preparation – Confirm and Update.

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Create a new? Oct 16, 2018

Ok, that should work to set to a local because I have two cloud TMs now, must slow down everything enormously.

As I have no other TMs than these two cloud TMs I am connected to, should I just create a new, dummy, while doing the QA, then switch back to the two cloud TMs when done and go to Preparation/Confirma and update?

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Local Oct 16, 2018

Ok, that should work to set to a local because I have two cloud TMs now, must slow down everything enormously.

As I have no other TMs than these two cloud TMs I am connected to, should I just create a new, dummy, while doing the QA, then switch back to the two cloud TMs when done and go to Preparation/Confirma and update?

It's up to you how you organise your local TMs. You can create a temporary one, or you can use a permanent one in case you keep your translations in your own TMs for future use.

Don't detach the cloud TMs. Just don't have any of them set as Working or Master while you work if your network is slow (whatever "slow" is).

In case you're using Wi-Fi, you could also consider trying if connecting by Ethernet helps (if possible). If the Wi-Fi channels around you are crowded with traffic, your own Wi-Fi speed will suffer.

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Uncheck the checkbox for my current cloud working/master tms? Oct 16, 2018

Should I uncheck the checkbox for my current cloud working/master tms (if that is not the same as detaching them)?

And then create a new TM, which I right-click on and choose as Working/master (either or)? Because now in the list with TMs all of them are for other clients and projects. I haven't organized them in any way as I usually receive a TM from the client for a new project (most often cloud TM, sometimes local TM).

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Uncheck Oct 16, 2018

If you uncheck them, you will no longer get matches from them.

That's not the same is not having them as Working/Master. You can keep them checked (attached) without writing to them.

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Did not work to only use local TM either Oct 17, 2018

I unchecked the tickboxes for the two cloud TMs I have (project/master TMs) and added my own local TM, which is empty. I checked the synchronization behaviour also, and it has always been on manual. Then I go back to the list, but still same problem: takes ages when I try to mark a checkbox for Ignore. And the checkbox don't even get marked.

What can be the cause of all this happening?

[Edited at 2018-10-17 05:27 GMT]

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I get back the long list with TMs I had before? Oct 17, 2018

I'd like to revert and get back the long list with TMs I had before so I can put a checkmark for the two cloud TMs I used. But the view is completely empty now after I added my own local TM. How can I get back the long list with TMs I had before?

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Why? Oct 17, 2018

I unchecked the tickboxes for the two cloud TMs I have (project/master TMs) and added my own local TM, which is empty. I checked the synchronization behaviour also, and it has always been on manual. Then I go back to the list, but still same problem: takes ages when I try to mark a checkbox for Ignore. And the checkbox don't even get marked.

What can be the cause of all this happening?

[Edited at 2018-10-17 05:27 GMT]

Difficult to say. The size of the project, perhaps. The performance of your computer, perhaps. You can have a look at your Windows Task Manager to see if there is a resource bottleneck.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »