Thread poster: Benjamin Cseko
Benjamin Cseko
Benjamin Cseko
Hungary
Local time: 18:40
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Jun 4, 2019

I am using memoq 4free (no license) for offline projects. Obviously, it is limited to one document per project. However, when I created my last new project, I chose "import with options" when importing a document, which seemed to allow for multiple documents to be imported. I did this, because I wanted the company logo in the header to be imported -- which was dumb, because memoq would have placed the logo in the header anyway, even if I had chosen the one-document, restricted import option. I r... See more
I am using memoq 4free (no license) for offline projects. Obviously, it is limited to one document per project. However, when I created my last new project, I chose "import with options" when importing a document, which seemed to allow for multiple documents to be imported. I did this, because I wanted the company logo in the header to be imported -- which was dumb, because memoq would have placed the logo in the header anyway, even if I had chosen the one-document, restricted import option. I realized I had made a mistake, but it did not allow me to remove the unwanted image file from my list of documents. I did not want to have to create the project again, and I went ahead and did the translation on the word document and ignored the extra image document. When I wanted to export the finished translation, it did not allow me to, and I am not able to, open the project anymore, because it warns me that I am allowed to open only projects that contain only one document. Therefore, I cannot deliver the finished translation project to my client, because I cannot open it, even though I only want the translated word document, and there is only one other, useless image file sitting there in the project besides the one I want. How can I recover my translation from the un-openable memoq project?
Thanks.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoq 4free multiple documents

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »