Is it possible to have QA check consistency for one TB but not the other?
Thread poster: Max Jeremiah
Max Jeremiah
Max Jeremiah  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:30
German to English
+ ...
Dec 20, 2019

Hi, everyone.

I'm currently working on a project and am using the IATE TB to assist me with terminology as well as a project-specific TB I made to maintain consistency. There's a heck of a lot of terms in the IATE TB, so obviously a lot of the terms are wrong for the context. When I confirm the segment, my good old friend the yellow lightning bolt makes an appearance: "Translation of source term ... missing from the target". I see it's from the IATE TB and, as in most cases, it's no
... See more
Hi, everyone.

I'm currently working on a project and am using the IATE TB to assist me with terminology as well as a project-specific TB I made to maintain consistency. There's a heck of a lot of terms in the IATE TB, so obviously a lot of the terms are wrong for the context. When I confirm the segment, my good old friend the yellow lightning bolt makes an appearance: "Translation of source term ... missing from the target". I see it's from the IATE TB and, as in most cases, it's not the right word for the context – ignore. Obviously I don't want to waste time clicking ignore on these.

So, I know how to turn this off in the QA settings. However, doing so also turns it off for the project-specific TB I've created, which I use for anything and everything that I want to keep consistent.

Is it possible to turn off consistency checking for just the IATE TB? Or am I going about this wrong and I need to be using something other than TBs for maintaining consistency within a project?

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Anthony Green
Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:30
Italian to English
+ ...
remove the TB from the project Dec 20, 2019

That would probably be the quickest way, though unlike me you would have to remember to put it back later on...

Max Jeremiah
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your very quick reply Dec 20, 2019

Anthony Green wrote:

That would probably be the quickest way, though unlike me you would have to remember to put it back later on...

I need to use the IATE TB for the odd occasion that it does pop up a correct suggestion, and generally it's helpful for suggesting things and getting the brain ticking. However, now that I think more about it (and this is probably what you're getting at!), I could do the whole translation with the IATE TB on, ignoring the QA, and then turn it off when I do a proofread of it.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Untick QA under Term bases Dec 20, 2019

Go to the Term bases tab under Project home and untick the QA column for the TB.

This feature is not available in old versions, though.

Max Jeremiah
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Time to upgrade Dec 20, 2019

Ah ha, thank you, Thomas. I'm on memoQ 8.3. Looks like I'm going to have to stop being so stingy and finally upgrade.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to have QA check consistency for one TB but not the other?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »