Is there a way to remove downloaded strings from Desktop Editor?
Autor wątku: Elisabeth Maurland

Elisabeth Maurland
USA
Local time: 03:32
Członek ProZ.com
od 2013

angielski > norweski
+ ...
Mar 13, 2018

I took on a big project, which is supposed to be delivered in batches. I made the mistake of downloading the whole job to the Desktop Editor all at once, so that when I am now done translating the first batch and want to edit it, I confirm a string, only to be jumped to the next unconfirmed (untranslated) string hundreds of strings down. And then I have to go back up and find my spot again.
Is there a way to remove the batches I am not yet working on, so I can finish the first one? I also
... See more
I took on a big project, which is supposed to be delivered in batches. I made the mistake of downloading the whole job to the Desktop Editor all at once, so that when I am now done translating the first batch and want to edit it, I confirm a string, only to be jumped to the next unconfirmed (untranslated) string hundreds of strings down. And then I have to go back up and find my spot again.
Is there a way to remove the batches I am not yet working on, so I can finish the first one? I also wonder what will happen when I do QA on the first batch, and I have all those untranslated strings.

My version is 6.210.5, and I work on a MacBook Pro.

Thanks!
Collapse

Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hongkong
Local time: 17:32
Członek ProZ.com
chiński > angielski
+ ...
An easier way Mar 13, 2018

Tools > Preferences > CAT > After confirming a segment, jump to the

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Niemcy
Local time: 10:32
Członek ProZ.com
od 2016

angielski > niemiecki
Download again Mar 13, 2018

Lincoln's suggestion is good, simply change the behavior after confirming.

Alternatively, you could download the single files of the batch and work on these files instead of the full batch. You can even switch between working on the full batch and working on the single files. The translation on the server should always be synchronized, regardless on what kind of local file you work.

Elisabeth Maurland
USA
Local time: 03:32
Członek ProZ.com
od 2013

angielski > norweski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Oh, that's great! Mar 13, 2018

Thank you, both of you! Very helpful. I didn't realize I could re-download them, and then have my already done translations populate the strings. And changing the behavior is great to know too!

Thanks!

Vaclav Balacek  Identity Verified
Czechy
Local time: 10:32
angielski > czeski
+ ...
Memsource support Mar 19, 2018

Hi Elisabeth,
Please note that you can also contact us on [email protected] or search help.memsource.com for a reply if you ever need any more assistance.

Do tego forum nie został przydzielony moderator.
W celu zgłoszenia naruszenia zasad forum lub zasięgnięcia pomocy, proszę kontaktować się z personelem portalu »

Is there a way to remove downloaded strings from Desktop Editor?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2021 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2021 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2021 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Szukaj terminu
  • Praca
  • Forum
  • Multiple search