Valérie Martel  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:39
Member (2018)
English to French
+ ...
Sep 12, 2018

Good Morning everyone,

I've worked with this agency that uses Memsource Web editor for about 3 years. I used to download the file after I was done to put it through Antidote, but they have now blocked this option in Memsource, so I can't download the files anymore, which means I can't use Antidote. This is a very important software for me (no one is perfect, and I often find 1 or 2 mistakes with it on big projects). It is basically my QA.

Does anyone know if there is a
... See more
Good Morning everyone,

I've worked with this agency that uses Memsource Web editor for about 3 years. I used to download the file after I was done to put it through Antidote, but they have now blocked this option in Memsource, so I can't download the files anymore, which means I can't use Antidote. This is a very important software for me (no one is perfect, and I often find 1 or 2 mistakes with it on big projects). It is basically my QA.

Does anyone know if there is a way to use Antidote on Memsource Web editor?

Thanks a lot!

Valérie Martel
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:39
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Ask the client Sep 12, 2018

Why not ask the client to unblock the Memsource download? They probably don't realize that doing so could result in poorer quality due to a QA step being omitted. I have a number of clients that use Memsource but I use MemoQ for the actual translation, and my clients have accepted that I need to download the Memsource files.

Milena Saina
Elif Baykara Narbay

Valérie Martel
Valérie Martel  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:39
Member (2018)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I already asked the client Sep 12, 2018

Hi,
Thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately, I have asked the client numerous times and explained in details the importance of Antidote in my translation/proofreading process. They will not put the option back. They say it goes against the new European law and they can't allow the translators to download the files anymore.

Serena Basili
Serena Basili  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 09:39
English to Italian
+ ...
Download the Desktop version? Sep 13, 2018

It might be a silly advice, but the desktop version of Memsource can be downloaded anytime and free of charge, as long as you have an account for the web-based version. I only work in this desktop version of Memsource and I find it more reliable than the one working on the web. You can then upload the file on the server and it provides a QA function.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Using Antidote Software in Memsource Web editor

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »