https://www.proz.com/forum/memsource_support/334409-%22confirm%22_segment_in_bulk_on_memsource.html

"confirm" segment in bulk on Memsource
Thread poster: Martine Etienne
Martine Etienne
Martine Etienne  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 12:11
English to French
+ ...
Apr 30, 2019

Hello, I'm working on a big file on Memsource Cloud. Due to the slow reaction of the online program, I downloaded the offline editor and translated this document. However, I encounter this same slowness when I try, after uploading my translation into Memsource Cloud to accept each different sentence, it takes me so much time that I have "confirmed" only 10% of the work on one evening while the translation is finished.
Is there a method to confirm all translations at once or quickly? Many
... See more
Hello, I'm working on a big file on Memsource Cloud. Due to the slow reaction of the online program, I downloaded the offline editor and translated this document. However, I encounter this same slowness when I try, after uploading my translation into Memsource Cloud to accept each different sentence, it takes me so much time that I have "confirmed" only 10% of the work on one evening while the translation is finished.
Is there a method to confirm all translations at once or quickly? Many thanks in advance. Sorry if this question has already been asked, I went through the topics of the Forum without finding what interested me.
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:11
Danish to English
+ ...
Confirm offline Apr 30, 2019

Usually one confirms each segment as it is translated, but if you want to confirm all the segments in one go, use Ctrl+Shift+A to select all, then Ctrl+Enter to confirm.

If the online editor is so slow, why haven't you confirmed the segments in the desktop editor?

Anton Khairuddinov

Martine Etienne
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Confirm online Apr 30, 2019

Hello,
I confirm all segments offline but when I download the file online, all my segments are unconfirmed. I finalise my file on the Word bilingual document and then download it. This is some 3 to 5,000 segments.
This is very slow.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Difficult to follow what you are doing Apr 30, 2019

Let's take it from the start.

1. 'I'm working on a big file on Memsource Cloud.' Ok, and that was too slow.

2. 'I downloaded the offline editor.' Good. Did you configure it to log in to the client's server under Preferences? Otherwise you can't confirm anything. The little squares in the lower right corner are green when you are connected to the server, otherwise red.

3 'and translated this document.' In the Memsource desktop editor, I presume.

... See more
Let's take it from the start.

1. 'I'm working on a big file on Memsource Cloud.' Ok, and that was too slow.

2. 'I downloaded the offline editor.' Good. Did you configure it to log in to the client's server under Preferences? Otherwise you can't confirm anything. The little squares in the lower right corner are green when you are connected to the server, otherwise red.

3 'and translated this document.' In the Memsource desktop editor, I presume.

4. 'I try, after uploading my translation into Memsource Cloud to accept each different sentence,' There is no need to do this at all if you have configured the desktop editor to log in to the server. Each time you confirm a segment in the desktop editor, it updates the server TM if you have configured it correctly.

5. 'I confirm all segments offline,' do you mean in the desktop editor? It shouldn't be offline. It should be logged in to the server.

6. 'but when I download the file online, all my segments are unconfirmed.' What do you mean, download the file online? Download from the server to your computer? But hadn't you done that already at the beginning?

7. 'I finalise my file on the Word bilingual document'. I thought you were working in the desktop Memsource editor. Now you're working in Word, I don't follow you.

8. 'then download it.' Download what? If you're already working in Word or the desktop Memsource editor, what then are you downloading now?
Collapse

Martine Etienne
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
back on Memsource Cloud May 1, 2019

"6. 'but when I download the file online, all my segments are unconfirmed.' What do you mean, download the file online? Download from the server to your computer? But hadn't you done that already at the beginning?"

No, when I download the file back in Memsource Cloud.

But no worry, the first solution words.

Thanks.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Good it works May 2, 2019

Martine Etienne wrote:

"6. 'but when I download the file online, all my segments are unconfirmed.' What do you mean, download the file online? Download from the server to your computer? But hadn't you done that already at the beginning?"

No, when I download the file back in Memsource Cloud.

Aha. That's why I couldn't make sense of it. It is called 'upload' in that direction, when it is 'up' into the cloud, not 'download'. 'Download' means to copy in the direction of your own computer, 'upload' away from it.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

"confirm" segment in bulk on Memsource

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »