Neha Gorey
Neha Gorey
India
Local time: 11:56
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jan 24, 2020

Dear Freinds,
what is the general rate for Eng>Hindi translation/proofreading?
Also, have you ever faced that a consultancy is saying that the project is a government project so the budget is low and they offer a penny to you? Another issue that consultancies are asking for verrrrryyyyyy low rate say 30-50 paisa per word, how many of you are actually accepting such rates?
Third and most important that consultancies take your sample test and then they never contact you, This hap
... See more
Dear Freinds,
what is the general rate for Eng>Hindi translation/proofreading?
Also, have you ever faced that a consultancy is saying that the project is a government project so the budget is low and they offer a penny to you? Another issue that consultancies are asking for verrrrryyyyyy low rate say 30-50 paisa per word, how many of you are actually accepting such rates?
Third and most important that consultancies take your sample test and then they never contact you, This happened to me at least 10 times, have you faced this ever?
This post of mine is not to understand the charges you are taking but to know the ways I can avoid such issues.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks in advance.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English to Hindi translation/proofreading rates: suggestions needed

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »