Neha Gorey
Neha Gorey
India
Local time: 15:10
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jan 24, 2020

Dear Freinds,
what is the general rate for Eng>Hindi translation/proofreading?
Also, have you ever faced that a consultancy is saying that the project is a government project so the budget is low and they offer a penny to you? Another issue that consultancies are asking for verrrrryyyyyy low rate say 30-50 paisa per word, how many of you are actually accepting such rates?
Third and most important that consultancies take your sample test and then they never contact you, This hap
... See more
Dear Freinds,
what is the general rate for Eng>Hindi translation/proofreading?
Also, have you ever faced that a consultancy is saying that the project is a government project so the budget is low and they offer a penny to you? Another issue that consultancies are asking for verrrrryyyyyy low rate say 30-50 paisa per word, how many of you are actually accepting such rates?
Third and most important that consultancies take your sample test and then they never contact you, This happened to me at least 10 times, have you faced this ever?
This post of mine is not to understand the charges you are taking but to know the ways I can avoid such issues.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Srini Venkataraman
Srini Venkataraman
United States
Local time: 04:40
Member (2012)
Tamil to English
+ ...
My rate Jan 27, 2020

“My rate is for my services. I donot reduce because your budget is low. I have stopped doing tests whether for translation or for interpreting. Experience counts. Earlier in the career did 250-300 max words. Only if there is scope for larger jobs later. Will not reduce the rate even if I am told it is for long term. I will see if I need to tweak my rate in later jobs, definitely not from job #1. I will check the credentials and blue board rating and payment terms”

These are my o
... See more
“My rate is for my services. I donot reduce because your budget is low. I have stopped doing tests whether for translation or for interpreting. Experience counts. Earlier in the career did 250-300 max words. Only if there is scope for larger jobs later. Will not reduce the rate even if I am told it is for long term. I will see if I need to tweak my rate in later jobs, definitely not from job #1. I will check the credentials and blue board rating and payment terms”

These are my own guidelines to avoid risks.
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Supriya Dixit

Supriya Dixit
Supriya Dixit
India
Local time: 15:10
English to Hindi
+ ...
Facing the same question - What rates to charge for Hindi Website Proofreading? May 15, 2021

I have been recently approached with the task of proofreading the content of a Neurological website, which is in Hindi and under construction. The word count of the ready content is around 1,60,000 words and within a couple of months, 1,60,000 words will be added to it and it will be launched in September.
Then, as the new content will be added it will be given for proofreading. Now I am based in India and don't know what rate to quote.

Some people I asked are quoting 0.05 p
... See more
I have been recently approached with the task of proofreading the content of a Neurological website, which is in Hindi and under construction. The word count of the ready content is around 1,60,000 words and within a couple of months, 1,60,000 words will be added to it and it will be launched in September.
Then, as the new content will be added it will be given for proofreading. Now I am based in India and don't know what rate to quote.

Some people I asked are quoting 0.05 paisa per word. I personally feel it is very low. What to quote?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates for English - Hindi translation/proofreading, sample tests, and low rates

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »