Gauthier Menin
Gauthier Menin  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:47
English to French
+ ...
Apr 6, 2021

Hello,

I am facing an invoicing related issue. I have recently found clients that accept only one quote and one invoice per month.
The problem is that most, if not all invoicing software I can use that are compliant with the local law (France) don't have a way to edit documents once they are sent.
This is to prevent frauds.

I can export "draft" quotes and invoices to keep the ability to edit the document, but I am concerned this would void any protection suc
... See more
Hello,

I am facing an invoicing related issue. I have recently found clients that accept only one quote and one invoice per month.
The problem is that most, if not all invoicing software I can use that are compliant with the local law (France) don't have a way to edit documents once they are sent.
This is to prevent frauds.

I can export "draft" quotes and invoices to keep the ability to edit the document, but I am concerned this would void any protection such documents provide.
I'd be surprised France is the only country to have such laws preventing the modifications of invoicing documents.

How do you deal with this?
The best solution I could find is to create as many quotes as necessary, and consolidate them all into one single invoice at the end of the month.

Thanks!

[Edited at 2021-04-06 15:28 GMT]
Collapse

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
So? Apr 6, 2021

Just send them an email with a monthy total number and all the invoices attached.

Or a single invoice generated with another piece of software or by hand with a rar/zip file containing your stack of invoices from your usual software if they want that.

[Edited at 2021-04-06 16:00 GMT]

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Streamlining Apr 6, 2021

Gauthier Menin wrote:
...I am facing an invoicing related issue. I have recently found clients that accept only one quote and one invoice per month.

Can you not invoice all jobs from all customers during a billing round at the end of each month?

In my management tool TO3000, I create "jobs" (perhaps similar to your "quotes") and bill each customer when the month ends. It's a matter of a few clicks. I issued an invoice listing 31 jobs last month, and I can understand why most agencies don't want separate invoices for each delivery.
Most of them do their paying sessions at the end of each month, so sending an invoice on the 5th will trigger payment at the end of next month anyway.

Philippe

Ines Radionovas-Lagoutte, PhD

Veronica Montserrat
Veronica Montserrat
France
Member (2020)
English to French
+ ...
. Apr 6, 2021

Vous pouvez envoyer des devis ou des factures proforma pour vos "quotes" et une facture finale officielle à la fin du mois.
Personnellement j'envoie rarement des devis, les prix et conditions sont établis par courriel. Pour la facture finale, j'envoie soit une facture détaillée de toutes les prestations, soit une facture globale.

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
French to English
Facturation périodique ou récapitulative Apr 6, 2021

Certaines règles concernant les délais de paiement peuvent s'appliquer dans le cas d'une facturation périodique ou récapitulative.
Il est utile de les connaître. Certaines entreprises ne les appliquent pas et s'en fichent du fait que leur procédures internes ne soient pas conformes à la loi en vigueur. Par exemple, une petite règle de base : une facture récapitulative doit être réglée sous 45 jours. Ensuite, évidemment, il faut lire le détail etc., retenez tout de même qu'un
... See more
Certaines règles concernant les délais de paiement peuvent s'appliquer dans le cas d'une facturation périodique ou récapitulative.
Il est utile de les connaître. Certaines entreprises ne les appliquent pas et s'en fichent du fait que leur procédures internes ne soient pas conformes à la loi en vigueur. Par exemple, une petite règle de base : une facture récapitulative doit être réglée sous 45 jours. Ensuite, évidemment, il faut lire le détail etc., retenez tout de même qu'une facturation périodique a une incidience - du moins théorique - sur les délais de paiement. Vos clients peuvent préférer cette méthode afin de pouvoir gagner du temps, sans être malintentionnés, bien entendu. Mais peut aussi avoir un effet sur vous qu'il vaut mieux connaître avant. A bon entendeur...

https://www.economie.gouv.fr/files/files/directions_services/dgccrf/documentation/publications/depliants/Brochure-delais-paiement.pdf
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[France]Quotes and invoices monthly

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »