Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Henryk Mikołaj Górecki and Emil Młynarski Jul 14, 2011

Hello Yolanda, Hello everybody else,

Brian Young wrote:

Henryk Górecki
Symphony No 3

Absolutely! It's sad and beautiful! Nicknamed as the Symphony of Sorrowful Songs. Górecki himself "was listening" to it at his funeral at the Cathedral of Katowice last autumn.

I recommend you also the fresh and energetic Violin Concerto No. 2 in D Major, Op. 8, by Emil Młynarski.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGklQNoQAg0

[Edited at 2011-07-14 13:58 GMT]

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:24
German to English
Beethoven's Violin Sonatas Jul 14, 2011

I just wanted to share a wonderful interpretation of Beethoven's Violin Sonatas with you, by Alina Ibragimova (violin) and Cedric Tiberghien (piano). The link is to the Amazon page, where you can listen to some of the pieces. I have Volumes 1 and 2, and it's a really valuable purchase!

http://www.amazon.com/Violin-Sonatas-1-Ibragimova/dp/B003GWDSWG

apk12
apk12  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:54
English to German
+ ...
1:04 - Mury Jul 14, 2011

The first minute for sure interesting for some interpreters here on this portal, but for the readers of this thread I propose to directly switch to 1:04
Mury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVPJ01HsM2U

Song is a classical among classicals. And the music interpretation even triple classical.

[Edited at 2011-07-14 12:33
... See more
The first minute for sure interesting for some interpreters here on this portal, but for the readers of this thread I propose to directly switch to 1:04
Mury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVPJ01HsM2U

Song is a classical among classicals. And the music interpretation even triple classical.

[Edited at 2011-07-14 12:33 GMT]
Collapse

Yolanda Bello Olvera
Yolanda Bello Olvera  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I love it, thanks again Jul 18, 2011

I love the fact that suggestions keep on coming.

Thanks a lot

I love it when people take time to share music
they love.

Big hug to each one of you

Y

susan rose (X)
susan rose (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:54
German to English
lol :-) Jul 30, 2011

Brian Young wrote:

There will be plenty of music after you die, and it's free. Save your money.

William Tierney
William Tierney  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:54
Member (2002)
Arabic to English
Incredibly Fantastic Jul 30, 2011

John Rutter, Requiem, City of London Sinfonia, John Rutter, Cambridge Singers, Collegium

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:54
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Komitas (Gomidas) Aug 11, 2011

Two months ago I didn't know this composer existed, but his music is the most beautiful I ever heard.

http://www.amazon.de/Hayren-Kim-Kashkashian/dp/B00008UAFW/ref=sr_1_7?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1313035365&sr=1-7

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:54
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Only before you die Aug 11, 2011

Yolanda Bello Olvera wrote:

Hello!

I would like to receive suggestions about classical music I should
listen to before I die.

I will base my next purchases on your suggestions.

Regards and thanks in advance.

Yolanda

As far as I know, it is not possible to listen to music (or to do anything else) after death. So far as music is concerned, you will only be able to listen to it before you die.

I have no purchasing suggestions.

opolt
opolt  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:54
English to German
+ ...
A guitar piece Aug 12, 2011

As I am a classical guitar player (amateur level) myself, I would like to throw in a very biassed suggestion here :-]

The classical guitar has lost a lot of prominence in the last two decades or so, and admittedly, often the composers were not that significant. But the CG scene is alive and well, and there is a lot of beautiful, inspiring guitar music to be discovered, from Renaissance to Contemporary -- it goes far, far beyond the Spanish style music introduced by A. Segovia and ot
... See more
As I am a classical guitar player (amateur level) myself, I would like to throw in a very biassed suggestion here :-]

The classical guitar has lost a lot of prominence in the last two decades or so, and admittedly, often the composers were not that significant. But the CG scene is alive and well, and there is a lot of beautiful, inspiring guitar music to be discovered, from Renaissance to Contemporary -- it goes far, far beyond the Spanish style music introduced by A. Segovia and others.

As a fine example of a piece from the "classical" classical period (18th/19th century), I would suggest Fernando Sor's Grand Solo, a somewhat Mozart-ish virtuoso piece, here played by Bill Kanengiser, one of today's prime c. guitar performers (also a member of the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAJCiExXP40

Enjoy!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Classical music I should listen to before I die :-D

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »