Stron w wątku:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57] >
Off topic: Completely frivolous thread
Autor wątku: Tom in London

expressisverbis
Portugalia
Local time: 18:11
Członek ProZ.com
od 2015

angielski > portugalski
+ ...
Tigresses and their cubs couldn't be left out Dec 16, 2020

1

Thomas T. Frost
Rachel Fell
P.L.F.Persio
Mervyn Henderson
Daryo
 

Sadek_A  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:11
angielski > arabski
+ ...
..... Dec 19, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:
Okay, now I´m here with his check and I think I will better spend my Christmas in a safer place this year. Perhaps in Cairo.

FORGET IT! We'd rather receive Kalle Schwensen, he's got quite the CHICKS on him! You just have A check! So, unless you're ready to man up, grow some weed below your nose, dim the orbit and tow some gorgeous tails, the Sphinx ain't letting you pass!😃


Chris S
Matthias Brombach
 

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Niemcy
Local time: 19:11
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

niderlandzki > niemiecki
+ ...
You know... Dec 20, 2020

Sadek_A wrote:
grow some weed below your nose, dim the orbit and tow some gorgeous tails, the Sphinx ain't letting you pass!😃

... that you posted in the wrong thread, don't you? We can help you with the right-to-left issues you sometimes have with your PC. Perhaps I should read your post in that way and erase all the hieroglyphs you always put in, so that I can understand you better. And why are your posts always so late? Are you being vetted and if so, why?


Mervyn Henderson
Chris S
expressisverbis
P.L.F.Persio
 

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Hiszpania
Local time: 19:11
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
The advantages of frivolity Dec 20, 2020

Doncha just love the expressions you learn on Tom's thread! Dim the orbit! Now there's one you don't hear every day! Not to mention towing tails! And I've heard of growing weed!, and in fact I did a bit of that a long time ago!, but I can't recall doing it below my nose!

And Kalle! Man, he sure has the chicks on him for sure! And the Sphinx is letting him pass! I told Kalle, I told him, Man! I said, man, you have the chicks on you, man! You're so towing the tails! Next thing we kno
... See more
Doncha just love the expressions you learn on Tom's thread! Dim the orbit! Now there's one you don't hear every day! Not to mention towing tails! And I've heard of growing weed!, and in fact I did a bit of that a long time ago!, but I can't recall doing it below my nose!

And Kalle! Man, he sure has the chicks on him for sure! And the Sphinx is letting him pass! I told Kalle, I told him, Man! I said, man, you have the chicks on you, man! You're so towing the tails! Next thing we know, you'll be dimming the orbit! Not to mention growing weed below your nose!

Know what he said, Kalle? He said, You know what! Why does everything have an exclamation mark at the end! And I said Kalle, Kalle, you did it yourself, mein Freund! And Kalle, he said, When did I do it! And I said, Just now! In fact, you did it twice! And he said, But now you're doing it too! And I said, Yes, but those were exclamations, not questions, Kalle! Like that one! Do you understand! And Kalle said, That last one wasn't a question! And I said Hey man, just dim the orbit, will ya? Let that Sphinx pass!
Collapse


Matthias Brombach
Chris S
expressisverbis
P.L.F.Persio
 

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Niemcy
Local time: 19:11
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

niderlandzki > niemiecki
+ ...
Nice plot! Dec 20, 2020

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

mein Freund!

... but because Kalle is also a multicultural person, you know, Reeperbahn and St. Pauli, with all the gangs being attracted from elsewhere outside of Germany and even outside Europe, he could also understand the phrase "Kalle, ya sadiki!", which means nearly the same. [Arab.: sadiki = friend, as can be found in other Arabian words, i.e. Sadek = the friendly person, etc.]

[Bearbeitet am 2020-12-20 15:50 GMT]


Chris S
Mervyn Henderson
expressisverbis
P.L.F.Persio
 

Sadek_A  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:11
angielski > arabski
+ ...
..... Dec 20, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:
that you posted in the wrong thread, don't you?

No, my fencing buddy, this was the exact thread I intended.
Matthias Brombach wrote:
We can help you with the right-to-left issues you sometimes have with your PC. Perhaps I should read your post in that way and erase all the hieroglyphs you always put in, so that I can understand you better.

This is your best? Typography? You're making all the Americans now go "we said it once and we say it again, that German dude is *HI"!😃 Decrypt this*, tootsy-wootsy!😃 and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matthias Brombach wrote:
And why are your posts always so late? Are you being vetted and if so, why?

You know exactly why! ProZ doesn't want to release on your group the full ballistic power that is me!😃 So, they first give you a crack at my posts, provide you with enough time to find responses, then -bam- we're discussing Hieroglyphs and their effect on a particular German upper buttock!😃
Matthias Brombach wrote:
[Arab.: sadiki = friend, as can be found in other Arabian words, i.e. Sadek = the friendly person, etc.]

You need to go back and recheck with your friends! Sad[i]k[i] means my friend, correct, with 1) a swift e after the d, and 2) an e after the k to mean (my or mine); however, my Sadek is not the same as your intended Sadeek, where the former means honest and the latter means friend. In Arabic, the e is both pronounced and written after the d in friend, but only pronounced and never written after the d in honest. Now, are you paying for this class, or should I come to Kiel and release my full force?!!!!!!!!😃

BTB, I have a hot one for you, let me know what day you're celebrating Xmas, it will be my gift to you!😃 But, pack enough tampons, this thread is NOT fluid-proof!😝😂😝😂😝😂

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Chris S
 

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Niemcy
Local time: 19:11
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

niderlandzki > niemiecki
+ ...
One day... Dec 20, 2020

Sadek_A wrote:

Matthias Brombach wrote:
that you posted in the wrong thread, don't you?

No, my fencing buddy, this was the exact thread I intended.
Matthias Brombach wrote:
We can help you with the right-to-left issues you sometimes have with your PC. Perhaps I should read your post in that way and erase all the hieroglyphs you always put in, so that I can understand you better.

This is your best? Typography? You're making all the Americans now go "we said it once and we say it again, that German dude is *HI"!😃 Decrypt this*, tootsy-wootsy!😃 and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matthias Brombach wrote:
And why are your posts always so late? Are you being vetted and if so, why?

You know exactly why! ProZ doesn't want to release on your group the full ballistic power that is me!😃 So, they first give you a crack at my posts, provide you with enough time to find responses, then -bam- we're discussing Hieroglyphs and their effect on a particular German upper buttock!😃
Matthias Brombach wrote:
[Arab.: sadiki = friend, as can be found in other Arabian words, i.e. Sadek = the friendly person, etc.]

You need to go back and recheck with your friends! Sad[i]k[i] means my friend, correct, with 1) a swift e after the d, and 2) an e after the k to mean (my or mine); however, my Sadek is not the same as your intended Sadeek, where the former means honest and the latter means friend. In Arabic, the e is both pronounced and written after the d in friend, but only pronounced and never written after the d in honest. Now, are you paying for this class, or should I come to Kiel and release my full force?!!!!!!!!😃

BTB, I have a hot one for you, let me know what day you're celebrating Xmas, it will be my gift to you!😃 But, pack enough tampons, this thread is NOT fluid-proof!😝😂😝😂😝😂

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


...I had to babysit my nephew (5 years old) and my brother left the favorite movie of his son just in case he wouldn´t get asleep after all. The movie was dealing with cars acting as characters, that can become alive and grow to monster cars, and the dialogues and the tone they spoke now remind me of the above quotes. I think the movie was called "Transformers from outer space" or similar, but I can´t remember. After ten minutes I took the DVD out of the player to reread the same books we have read before.


Mervyn Henderson
Chris S
expressisverbis
P.L.F.Persio
 

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Hiszpania
Local time: 19:11
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
Decrypt is right Dec 20, 2020

"You're making all the Americans now go "we said it once and we say it again, that German dude is *HI"!😃 Decrypt this*, tootsy-wootsy!😃 and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"



You know, sometimes I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

No, seriously, I'll rephrase that:

You know, I usually have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

No, seriously, that's not quite right either, so I'll rephrase it again:

You
... See more
"You're making all the Americans now go "we said it once and we say it again, that German dude is *HI"!😃 Decrypt this*, tootsy-wootsy!😃 and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"



You know, sometimes I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

No, seriously, I'll rephrase that:

You know, I usually have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

No, seriously, that's not quite right either, so I'll rephrase it again:

You know, I never have any idea what you're talking about.

If you tell me what stuff to take and how much, I might be in with a chance.

[Edited at 2020-12-20 18:53 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-12-21 09:31 GMT]
Collapse


Matthias Brombach
expressisverbis
P.L.F.Persio
Kay Denney
 

Sadek_A  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:11
angielski > arabski
+ ...
😝😂😝😂😝😂 Dec 20, 2020

My fencing buddy, Matthias, the HI means Humor-Impaired; when faced with a joke you suddenly turn into one Reichsinspekteur.😃

Chill, dude. And, btw, we do have, and drink, beer. Whether it's alcohol-free or not is a matter of health-consciousness, and no one is telling you what kind of drink to have.

And, guys, seriously, don't you ever feel the least bit of shame when you counter-post against me several persons at a time like that?!!!!!!😃 You've never seen me sum
... See more
My fencing buddy, Matthias, the HI means Humor-Impaired; when faced with a joke you suddenly turn into one Reichsinspekteur.😃

Chill, dude. And, btw, we do have, and drink, beer. Whether it's alcohol-free or not is a matter of health-consciousness, and no one is telling you what kind of drink to have.

And, guys, seriously, don't you ever feel the least bit of shame when you counter-post against me several persons at a time like that?!!!!!!😃 You've never seen me summoning help, ever!!!!!!😃 The next time you do it I'm bringing my obelisks.😝😂😝😂😝😂
Collapse


 

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Niemcy
Local time: 19:11
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

niderlandzki > niemiecki
+ ...


Posted via
ProZ.com Mobile


Sadek... Dec 20, 2020

Mervyn Henderson wrote:


If you tell me what stuff to take and how much, I might be in with a chance.

...why don't you just have a nice pint of Guinness?


Chris S
Mervyn Henderson
P.L.F.Persio
 

Sadek_A  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:11
angielski > arabski
+ ...
..... Dec 20, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:
Sadek...why don't you just have a nice pint of Guinness?

Can't, coz I'll probably have to pay like 5 times the price you pay for it. I'm telling you, you get away with everything for cheap prices, believe me.

And, here I'm reconfirming, if you don't tell me what day you'll be celebrating, I won't be posting my latest zinger and Xmas will pass without you getting a gift from me. Your loss!😝😂😝😂😝😂


 

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Niemcy
Local time: 19:11
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

niderlandzki > niemiecki
+ ...
Typical right-to-left issue... Dec 20, 2020

Sadek_A wrote:

Matthias Brombach wrote:
Sadek...why don't you just have a nice pint of Guinness?

Can't, coz I'll probably have to pay like 5 times the price you pay for it. I'm telling you, you get away with everything for cheap prices, believe me.


...because, when assuming a price for a pint as much as USD 5,25 (which would be cheap here indeed, there you are right and sorry for exploiting you) and you read the price from right-to-left, as usual in your native language, and you pay it as such, then no wonder you pay 5 times the price I pay for it!

[Bearbeitet am 2020-12-20 20:17 GMT]


expressisverbis
P.L.F.Persio
 

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Niemcy
Local time: 19:11
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

niderlandzki > niemiecki
+ ...
Okay, Sadek, I'll wait for you on Christmas Eve: Dec 20, 2020

Sadek_A wrote:

And, here I'm reconfirming, if you don't tell me what day you'll be celebrating, I won't be posting my latest zinger* and Xmas will pass without you getting a gift from me. Your loss!😝😂😝😂😝😂


I assume you mean posting by postal mail. Okay, I'm not at home anyway and your parcel will then be dropped to my neighbours: They have lived their lives long enough and caused too much harm and I am covered by a very generous household insurance.

* https://www.kfc.de/produkte/Product/showDetail/p292-zinger-burger/

[Bearbeitet am 2020-12-20 20:30 GMT]


expressisverbis
P.L.F.Persio
 

Sadek_A  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:11
angielski > arabski
+ ...
..... Dec 20, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:
USD 5,25...read right-to-left...pay 5 times

Wouldn't it be 26.25, genius?!😃
Matthias Brombach wrote:
They have lived their lives long enough and caused too much harm and I am covered by a very generous household insurance

So rude!😝😂😝😂😝😂 Why would I send a new one?😝😂😝😂😝😂 Haven't you seen that huge brown plug of yours, why do you think it's so swollen?!😝😂😝😂😝😂
And, wishing ill upon your neighbors?😝😂😝😂😝😂 Outrageous!😝😂😝😂😝😂 You should be spanked!😝😂😝😂😝😂
Seriously, what day will that eve be? I will have to post earlier so it can take its due time being processed!

On a different note:
A technical question, do you really believe they were established in 1759?😃
Can you really imagine a muddy peasant in there going like "Gerab za bottlez n play wiz...Hic!...Teriiiiish, at Guinness nuts are alwayz...Hic!...fereeeeesh"!😝😂😝😂😝😂

[Edited at 2020-12-20 21:23 GMT]


 

Sadek_A  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:11
angielski > arabski
+ ...
..... Dec 20, 2020

Side note: If Guinness or anyone else is willing to use the above idea of mine for a commercial, I'm ready to sell.

 
Stron w wątku:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57] >


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorzy tego forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Completely frivolous thread

Advanced search






Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Szukaj terminu
  • Praca
  • Forum
  • Multiple search