Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 02:28
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Sep 28, 2017

I have to translate an Excel table with two columns. The first (A) is the source language and the second (B) it the target language.
But there are many cells in the target column already translated earlier. And in the A-column some cells should not be translated. In fact only such cells in A should be translated, where the corresponding cell in B has a green background color and is empty.
I wonder if I could use a formula that would set the font color of a cell in column A RED, if th
... See more
I have to translate an Excel table with two columns. The first (A) is the source language and the second (B) it the target language.
But there are many cells in the target column already translated earlier. And in the A-column some cells should not be translated. In fact only such cells in A should be translated, where the corresponding cell in B has a green background color and is empty.
I wonder if I could use a formula that would set the font color of a cell in column A RED, if the corresponding cell in B is green and empty.
Or instead could a hide all cells in A if the corresponding cell in B is green and empty?
Excel 2016.
Any Excel wizard around?
Collapse

Neta L
Neta L
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:28
English to Hebrew
+ ...
You can use filters Sep 28, 2017

In the "Data" tab, click the "filter" button.
You should then have drop-down menus showing at the top of each column. Go to the one at the top of column B, and you can filter both by content, unticking everything but "blank", and by colour.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excel cells with green background color

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »