Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:24
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 10, 2019

Hello everyone

I'm using PDF X Change as my PDF annotation tool, and it has never been a problem, but now I have a client who claims that my rectangles are moving around (I'm sure it's just the comments that are moving around) and they want me to use the text insert tool and text replace tool similar to the one in Adobe Acrobat Pro.

But Adobe Acrobat Pro is a subscription tool, so I'm not going to buy it just for one job. Do you know of any other PDF editing/annotation
... See more
Hello everyone

I'm using PDF X Change as my PDF annotation tool, and it has never been a problem, but now I have a client who claims that my rectangles are moving around (I'm sure it's just the comments that are moving around) and they want me to use the text insert tool and text replace tool similar to the one in Adobe Acrobat Pro.

But Adobe Acrobat Pro is a subscription tool, so I'm not going to buy it just for one job. Do you know of any other PDF editing/annotation tools that specifically have a text insertion and text replacement tool? I don't mean the typewriter tool. You click a line of text and it puts a little stemless upwards pointing arrow there.

screen_shot_replace_tool_2

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
PDFpen Sep 10, 2019

... if you use Mac. See here:
https://smilesoftware.com/pdfpen/

Stephanie Busch
Stephanie Busch  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Adobe Acrobat Reader has had improved commenting features for some time now Sep 10, 2019

Hi Samuel,

have you tried Adobe Acrobat Reader yet?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-10 um 13.38.32

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-10 um 13.43.28

Jorge Payan

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 10, 2019

Stephanie Busch wrote:
Have you tried Adobe Acrobat Reader yet?

Okay, I tried it, and it appears to work. I must say, I find the Adobe method of annotating PDF files very confusing and if anyone were to send me a PDF file annotated in this way, I would be guaranteed to miss edits. But if the client's DTP people are happy, then so am I.

It took me a while to figure out how to see the annotation tools. After opening a file, you have to click "More tools" and then "Comment" before the annotation tools come up. Oh, and Acrobat Reader does not allow me to save files as the same name as the original PDF, so I have to add something to the file name each time.

Dan Lucas
Philip Lees

Darius Sciuka
Darius Sciuka  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 20:24
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Foxit Reader Sep 10, 2019

https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf-reader/

My personal favourite, it has various commenting tools, a word count feature, a tabbed document interfaces, etc. It is completely free and has versions for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.

Christel Zipfel
Jorge Payan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free PDF editor with "text insert" tool

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »