Helle Gylling
Helle Gylling  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:05
English to Danish
+ ...
Dec 23, 2020

Hi,

I had a catastrophic computer crash and bought a new one and I have just put on Office 2019 Home and Student.

I want to be able to use the Read Aloud/Speak function in both Danish and English. I have added the language pack for Danish, and I followed the instructions about downloading Microsoft Speech Platform and then the TTS for Danish - followed by restarting, but the Danish voice is not active. Word just reads Danish with the English voice.

What a
... See more
Hi,

I had a catastrophic computer crash and bought a new one and I have just put on Office 2019 Home and Student.

I want to be able to use the Read Aloud/Speak function in both Danish and English. I have added the language pack for Danish, and I followed the instructions about downloading Microsoft Speech Platform and then the TTS for Danish - followed by restarting, but the Danish voice is not active. Word just reads Danish with the English voice.

What am I missing???
Collapse

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:05
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
settings Dec 27, 2020

Not sure if it helps but the TTS settings are under Control Panel > Speech Recognition > Text to Speech

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TTS in another language

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »