persian/dari books
Thread poster: amanda10
amanda10
amanda10
English to Dari
Sep 28, 2011

I am currently learning Dari. I have been trying to find books that have been translated and published into Dari and/or Farsi to help me with reading and vocabularly, especially later when I am more advanced. But I am having a really hard time finding anything, even children's books. If someone could give me some advice or a website where I could find some that would be helpful. I did find the Harry Potter books on a website but they are rather expensive.

Thanks in advance for any h
... See more
I am currently learning Dari. I have been trying to find books that have been translated and published into Dari and/or Farsi to help me with reading and vocabularly, especially later when I am more advanced. But I am having a really hard time finding anything, even children's books. If someone could give me some advice or a website where I could find some that would be helpful. I did find the Harry Potter books on a website but they are rather expensive.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Amanda
Collapse

Behnam Koleili
Behnam Koleili  Identity Verified
Iran
Local time: 22:29
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Dari School Books Sep 28, 2011

Hi Amanda,

You can download Dari school books free of charge from here:

http://dari.moe.gov.af/index.php?option=com_jotloader&view=categories&cid=0_a77520dcdffad519983fef3884d172e1&Itemid=41

Behnam

Ahmad Hosseinzadeh
Ahmad Hosseinzadeh  Identity Verified
Iran
Local time: 22:29
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Persian translations Sep 28, 2011

Dear Amanda,
Below are the links of two websites that provide you with a good number of Persian translations of mostly English books, especially literary works. Unfortunately both of them are just in Persian, so if your Persian is not still good enough to find out how to work with them, don't hesitate to tell me so that I would download and send at least a few of them for you.

<
... See more
Dear Amanda,
Below are the links of two websites that provide you with a good number of Persian translations of mostly English books, especially literary works. Unfortunately both of them are just in Persian, so if your Persian is not still good enough to find out how to work with them, don't hesitate to tell me so that I would download and send at least a few of them for you.

http://ketabnak.com/index.php?subcat=215

http://www.ketabz.com/ادبیات/رمان.html

Ahmad
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Mahmoud Akbari[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

persian/dari books

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »