Search for Persian/Farsi digit strings with slash in between fails in Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro
Thread poster: Danesh
Danesh
Danesh
Local time: 12:42
English to Persian (Farsi)
Mar 9, 2012

First off, I apologize for being unable to write in Persian/Farsi here due to technical problems.
Now, I posted this on 16 Feb 2012 to Technical forums » General technical issues. Having received no reply, I moved it to Technical forums » Right-to-left language technical forum on 25 Feb 2012; again without attracting any attention and reply . I hope moving it here brings some result.

Search function of Adobe Acrobat 9 Professional on my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 system, unacco
... See more
First off, I apologize for being unable to write in Persian/Farsi here due to technical problems.
Now, I posted this on 16 Feb 2012 to Technical forums » General technical issues. Having received no reply, I moved it to Technical forums » Right-to-left language technical forum on 25 Feb 2012; again without attracting any attention and reply . I hope moving it here brings some result.

Search function of Adobe Acrobat 9 Professional on my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 system, unaccountably, fails to find Persian/Farsi digit strings with slash sign in between such as 9876/10, 03/0708, 0506/02, or 20/1234 in .pdf documents produced from WORD 2007 documents (with Persian/Farsi content) with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, though they (the said digit strings) are clearly in the documents! It just locates the whole numbers such as 5079, 2323, 4452 but not numbers with slash in between such as 0304/01 or 20/4922!

How can I make it find the Persian/Farsi digit strings containing slash sign in between?

Thank you in advance for your prompt help.

Sincerely,
Danesh
Collapse

Milad Rafati-Zadeh
Milad Rafati-Zadeh
Iran
Persian (Farsi) to English
+ ...
Hi, Mar 7, 2013

Maybe, you should use a Persian version of Microsoft Windows Seven or Xp which has got Persian keyboard.
Here is a link of such Operating System:
http://www.downloadha.com/1388/08/دانلود-نسخه-نهایی-ویندوز-7-سون-با-لینک-م/

Danesh
Danesh
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, I'll try that Mar 8, 2013

Dear Milad,
Thank you, I'll try that.

Edward Plaisance Jr
Edward Plaisance Jr  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:12
Member (2008)
Persian (Farsi) to English
+ ...
Persian fonts Mar 9, 2013

Hi Danesh,

I know nothing about what may be causing your problems...but here is a suggestion:

You might want to try this Persian Standard Font available on this site http://ehsanakhgari.org/article/miscellaneous/2008-06-11/standard-persian-keyboard-for-windows

Whether there is difference in the coding for
... See more
Hi Danesh,

I know nothing about what may be causing your problems...but here is a suggestion:

You might want to try this Persian Standard Font available on this site http://ehsanakhgari.org/article/miscellaneous/2008-06-11/standard-persian-keyboard-for-windows

Whether there is difference in the coding for the "slash" sign, I have no idea. If you go to the bottom of the page, there is an "Update 3" that seems to have the latest Iranian standards.

The zero width non-joining features for Persian script are great even it does not solve your problem.

Regards,

Ed
Collapse

Danesh
Danesh
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 10, 2013

Dear Edward,

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help.

Danesh

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Mahmoud Akbari[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search for Persian/Farsi digit strings with slash in between fails in Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »