Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 07:49
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 7, 2014

Greetings to all... salaam...

Hope some esteemed members of this forum can provide citations to references (articles, books, dissertations, presentation papers, et al) which discuss "taroof" and perhaps include a helpful compilation of customary / daily social expressions rendered in "taroof." My direct e-mail address is shfranke [at] hotmail [dot] com .

Other than William O. Beeman's 1986 book (Language, Status and Power in Iran. Indiana University Press), few other ma
... See more
Greetings to all... salaam...

Hope some esteemed members of this forum can provide citations to references (articles, books, dissertations, presentation papers, et al) which discuss "taroof" and perhaps include a helpful compilation of customary / daily social expressions rendered in "taroof." My direct e-mail address is shfranke [at] hotmail [dot] com .

Other than William O. Beeman's 1986 book (Language, Status and Power in Iran. Indiana University Press), few other materials about the Persian language and styles of social communication discuss "taroof."

Many thanks in advance... khailii mamnoon... Today is Tuesday, October 7, 2014.

Beh eHteraam...

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro (Los Angeles Waterfront Area), California
Collapse

Ahmad Hosseinzadeh
Ahmad Hosseinzadeh  Identity Verified
Iran
Local time: 18:19
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
The Language of Sources Oct 7, 2014

Hi Stephen,

Do you read Persian? I mean could Persian sources be helpful to you?

Regards,
A.H.

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 07:49
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Greetings, and thank you for your kind offer Nov 4, 2014

Greetings and salaam to Mr. Ahmad Hosseinzadeh.

While my ability to read Persian text is modest, if you could kindly send some Persian-language materials about "ta3roof," some of my friends in the Iranian-American communities here in southern California can likely assist me with translating, appreciating and understanding their contents.

(Apologies for my delay in responding, as I was away on a training project and had limited access to email services.)

Beh
... See more
Greetings and salaam to Mr. Ahmad Hosseinzadeh.

While my ability to read Persian text is modest, if you could kindly send some Persian-language materials about "ta3roof," some of my friends in the Iranian-American communities here in southern California can likely assist me with translating, appreciating and understanding their contents.

(Apologies for my delay in responding, as I was away on a training project and had limited access to email services.)

Beh eHteram... khaily mamnoon....

Sincerely,

Stephen H. Franke
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Mahmoud Akbari[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compilation of customary / daily social expressions rendered in "taroof?"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »