Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: When proofreading your own work, how many corrections do you usually find per page?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:05
French to English
+ ...
Interesting replies! Sep 14, 2017

I did use the word "corrections", and perhaps it might have been better to have written "alterations" or "amendments". There! I have even suggested a correction for my own question. I do not mind confessing that I tend to make quite a lot of corrections when proofreading, and I think I'm in good com... See more
I did use the word "corrections", and perhaps it might have been better to have written "alterations" or "amendments". There! I have even suggested a correction for my own question. I do not mind confessing that I tend to make quite a lot of corrections when proofreading, and I think I'm in good company: https://biblioklept.org/2014/01/22/manuscript-page-of-eliots-the-waste-land-with-notes-by-ezra-pound/ https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Manuscipt.jpg

By the time I have finished translating a file, especially if it is a long one of any complexity, I have usually engaged with it sufficiently to have changed my mind about some things. This is besides any actual errors of punctuation etc. or dictation software. I might also see better ways of phrasing things. I try to re-read my own work as though it had been written by another person, but one who will not be offended by my corrections.

[Edited at 2017-09-14 10:06 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: When proofreading your own work, how many corrections do you usually find per page?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »