Powwow: Brisbane - Australia

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Brisbane - Australia".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Guofei_LIN
Guofei_LIN  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 03:38
Chinese
Co-working/co-studying in the State Library of Queensland Mar 4, 2018

This is a co-working/co-studying event in the State Library of Queensland (Level 2 opens at 10 am) on Friday 6th April to provide Brisbane-based translators with an opportunity to get to know each other in professional environment.

The suggestion is that we'll operate around the Pomodoro clock principle - each session starts at 10 am, 11 am, and 1 pm, meeting each other during breaks and lunch hours. If we all find the event helpful, hopefully we can make it into a monthly event and d
... See more
This is a co-working/co-studying event in the State Library of Queensland (Level 2 opens at 10 am) on Friday 6th April to provide Brisbane-based translators with an opportunity to get to know each other in professional environment.

The suggestion is that we'll operate around the Pomodoro clock principle - each session starts at 10 am, 11 am, and 1 pm, meeting each other during breaks and lunch hours. If we all find the event helpful, hopefully we can make it into a monthly event and develop some rules as we go along.
Collapse

Guofei_LIN
Guofei_LIN  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 03:38
Chinese
Co-working at State Library of QLD Apr 4, 2018

Just to confirm that as far as I'm concerned, this co-working activity will go ahead as planned rain or shine. I'll be on level 4 at 10 am, probably with my daughter tagging along. She will be reading a book which is an assignment I give her, and I will be working on translation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Brisbane - Australia

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »