Powwow: Hangzhou - China

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Hangzhou - China".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Ayumi Anraku
Ayumi Anraku  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:04
Japanese to Portuguese
+ ...
Hangzhou Translators Meetup Apr 10, 2018

Hello!

If you are a freelance translator, you might feel that it is sometimes a little isolated to be at home, in front of the computer, translating all day. And even if we meet other people during the day, sometimes we miss a peer to share the difficulties and glories of our work. So maybe we could do a get together and share what we are being struggling with or what made us proud of being a translator.

Let us just gather in a coffee shop and have a nice time together for
... See more
Hello!

If you are a freelance translator, you might feel that it is sometimes a little isolated to be at home, in front of the computer, translating all day. And even if we meet other people during the day, sometimes we miss a peer to share the difficulties and glories of our work. So maybe we could do a get together and share what we are being struggling with or what made us proud of being a translator.

Let us just gather in a coffee shop and have a nice time together for now, and maybe later we can plan to do some professional experience exchange, shanring knowledge about which tools we use or how we manage time.

Interpreters and in-house translators who are interested in joining are welcome too!
活动详情
Meetup will be at HuangLong Maan Cafe.
133-4 Xixi Road, Xihu District, Hangzhou 西溪路133号-4
6PM to 8PM
Collapse

Guofei_LIN
Guofei_LIN  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 15:04
Chinese
Wish you guys a successful meeting Apr 10, 2018

Just an unrelated question: I notice that you work between Japanese and Portuguese, yet you are writing in English, and you are in China. How many languages do you speak? If you speak all these languages, how did you manage to do that?

[Edited at 2018-04-10 10:03 GMT]

Ayumi Anraku
Ayumi Anraku  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:04
Japanese to Portuguese
+ ...
Wish you guys a successful meeting Apr 16, 2018

Hello Guofei, thank you for the kind message. I hope today's meeting goes well. I will be posting pictures here later.
About your question... I will answeer you in a private message.

Best,
Ayumi

Guofei_LIN wrote:

Just an unrelated question: I notice that you work between Japanese and Portuguese, yet you are writing in English, and you are in China. How many languages do you speak? If you speak all these languages, how did you manage to do that?

[Edited at 2018-04-10 10:03 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Hangzhou - China

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »