Natasha Ziada (X)
Natasha Ziada (X)  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 20:15
English to Dutch
+ ...
@ Texte Style Jul 30, 2017

Texte Style wrote:

I'm roaming through texts on the same subject and noticing a particular word often crops up in target language texts, yet I haven't used it. I go back and look to see whether I could have done. Sometimes I rewrite everything to include such a word if it seems to be a buzz word.

(Sorry if slightly OT:) I love all your suggestions to produce a better and more natural sounding translation, but I'm genuinely curious about the need to get a certain buzz word in. Doesn't that have the risk of the text going the other way and straying too far from the source, just for the sake of sounding popular? I sometimes get a bit tired reading blogs or social media posts, for example, aimed at attracting as many views as possible and all using the same hyped-up word du jour. It might be platform/topic dependent, though.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for free or low-cost resources to improve writing skills

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »