Graham Perra
Graham Perra
Canada
Local time: 14:55
English to French
+ ...
Nov 16, 2017

Hello all,

I have a mandatory practicum coming up in the summer of 2018. Given that I already have a BA in international relations and have studied law before, now that I am doing a BA in translation (EN/ES ->FR), I would like to do my practicum for a major human rights NGO or international organization in Europe or Latin America. Does any one know of good places that have translation departments where I could try applying?

Unfortunately, being that I'm not a master's
... See more
Hello all,

I have a mandatory practicum coming up in the summer of 2018. Given that I already have a BA in international relations and have studied law before, now that I am doing a BA in translation (EN/ES ->FR), I would like to do my practicum for a major human rights NGO or international organization in Europe or Latin America. Does any one know of good places that have translation departments where I could try applying?

Unfortunately, being that I'm not a master's student, I can't apply for UN internships, and the deadline has already passed for the Interamerican court for human rights. I can't apply for the European Union parliamentary internships as I don't have EU citizenship.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks alot,

Graham
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:55
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
TWB? Nov 17, 2017

grahamperra wrote:
I would like to do my practicum for a major human rights NGO or international organization in Europe or Latin America. Does any one know of good places that have translation departments where I could try applying?

Translators Without Borders seems to be an obvious choice. I don't think they have anything much other than translation and interpreting departments .

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Human rights NGOs for EN/ES -> FR practicum

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »