how do I know if the job is still available?
Thread poster: Rosannelei
Rosannelei
Rosannelei
China
Local time: 04:54
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jul 27, 2020

How do I know if a job is still available? If a job is still listing under 'Browse ProZ.com jobs', does that mean the job is still availble? Is there a sign that know the client already hired one freelancer(so I do not need to submit my quote)?
Thanks.

Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:54
German to English
+ ...
If the jobs are marked "CLOSED" Jul 27, 2020

the outsourcer information isn't visible, and you can no longer apply. If a job is still open, you can submit your application so the agency/client will have your information on file even if that particular job is ultimately assigned to someone else. They will generally keep your data if your qualifications are suitable and contact you directly when other jobs become available.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Rosannelei
Aline Amorim

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:54
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Rosannelei Jul 27, 2020

Rosannelei wrote:
How do I know if a job is still available? If a job is still listing under "Browse ProZ.com jobs", does that mean the job is still available? Is there a sign that know the client already hired one freelancer(so I do not need to submit my quote)?

There is no way of knowing whether a job is still available. Even if the job is "closed", the job may still be available, and even if the job is not yet "closed", it may already have been taken.

If a job is not yet "closed", a client will continue to receive quotes/applications for it. Therefore, if a client doesn't want to receive unnecessary quotes after the job has already been filled, they will typically close the job, but on the other hand if they do want to continue to receive quotes even though the job has been filled, they will keep it open for a while longer.

Rosannelei

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how do I know if the job is still available?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »