Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:19
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Mar 3, 2020

So, does anyone NOT have a SecurePRO™ card?

This person has

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:19
Member (2008)
Italian to English
What? Mar 3, 2020

What is a a SecurePRO™ card? Do I need to know?

Yolanda Broad

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Tom Mar 3, 2020

Tom in London wrote:

No, I don't think you need to know. However...if you were to pay more for your ProZ.com membership, you'd be able to see this (apart from the redacted bits, of course):

ton in lon

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Enough alreacy Mar 3, 2020

Samuel Murray wrote:

Tom in London wrote:

No, I don't think you need to know. However...if you were to pay more for your ProZ.com membership, you'd be able to see this (apart from the redacted bits, of course):

I pay enough already. But thanks for letting me know that I already have one o' dem tings.

[Edited at 2020-03-03 13:33 GMT]

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Me too Mar 3, 2020

I didn't know what it was either, but recently I found I have one. You print it out and keep it in your wallet for any crisis scenarios that may arise as you go about your daily business. Say you're in a huge crowd and suddenly someone falls to the ground in close proximity, a heart attack, a sniper's bullet, a spike from a poisoned umbrella, whatever, and lies there speaking in tongues. Then you stride forward, elbowing everyone out of the way, take out your card and shout: "Let me through, for... See more
I didn't know what it was either, but recently I found I have one. You print it out and keep it in your wallet for any crisis scenarios that may arise as you go about your daily business. Say you're in a huge crowd and suddenly someone falls to the ground in close proximity, a heart attack, a sniper's bullet, a spike from a poisoned umbrella, whatever, and lies there speaking in tongues. Then you stride forward, elbowing everyone out of the way, take out your card and shout: "Let me through, for the love of God, I'm a fully authenticated Secure Pro Translator." Just watch as the throngs of people roll back like the Red Sea to let you through, whereupon you forge on to the other side and get on with your life. I'll lend you mine if you like, Tom. Then you can just Photoshop it up a bit.

[Edited at 2020-03-03 13:54 GMT]
Collapse

Kevin Fulton
Zibow Retailleau
Tom in London
Eleonora_P
Laura Kingdon
Philip Lees
Vera Schoen

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Funny Mar 3, 2020

😄

Sheila Wilson
Katalin Szilárd
Sabrina Bruna
Philip Lees
Vera Schoen

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
@Mervyn Mar 3, 2020

Made my day 😂😂
Now I finally know how to use it!

Tom in London

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

This person has a SecurePRO™ card.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »